• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** Pakistan in New Zealand (3 tests)

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
cricinfo says we are playing 5 bowlers. They are wondering if they should add Southee and play 4 seamers. If 3 seamers can't do it it is unlikely a 4th can add much. I am in favour of Patel being the 5th bowler.

Daniel Vettori to bat at No.6 in decider | Cricket News | New Zealand v Pakistan 2009-10 | Cricinfo.com
Jebus.... this is asking to be all out for 67.

I can only imagine that Patel will be the 5th bowler as you say. I guess it could work, but it's a huge risk.

Meridio

International Regular
Jebus.... this is asking to be all out for 67.

I can only imagine that Patel will be the 5th bowler as you say. I guess it could work, but it's a huge risk.
Reports here have Southee as more likely to play, apparently the pitch is greener than usual and is expected to offer something to the seam bowlers. Have to say I prefer that scenario to the usual one where Patel only plays because it's a road, but it doesn't exactly bode well for our batsmen. Don't particularly like the idea of shortening our batting lineup...as you say, that's asking for 67 all out.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Wish this test would hurry up and start...

Anyway I put together a chart with which to measure Watling's success for tomorrow, what with it being his debut and all.

Runs scored, first innings:

0-10: Useless!!! Na, ****ing not good enough, chuck 'em on the discard pile with his mate Fulton. Give some young guys a chance... get Brodie in there! Any good under seventeens at the moment? Under fifteens? Good experience! Watling? Past it.

10-30: Better than you McIntosh! For shame... for shame.

31-49: I told you... I told you he was good! This young man. Future star.

50-99: Martin Crowe. Probably better actually.

100: Saviour! Bow down to the saviour of New Zealand cricket! The answer to all of our prayers. The best opener since John Wright. Love 'em already. Whaaaadddaaaaplaaayyyaaaaaa!

150: Better than Bradman. Easily.

200: Na..... who does that on debut... come on be realistic.

214: THE NEXT...... Matthew Sinclair :ph34r:

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!

Anyway I put together a chart with which to measure Watling's success for tomorrow, what with it being his debut and all.

0-10: Useless!!! Na, ****ing not good enough, chuck 'em on the discard pile with his mate Fulton. Give some young guys a chance... get Brodie in there! Any good under seventeens at the moment? Under fifteens? Good experience! Watling? Past it.

100: Saviour! Bow down to the saviour of New Zealand cricket! The answer to all of our prayers. The best opener since John Wright. Love 'em already. Whaaaadddaaaaplaaayyyaaaaaa!

Do I smell Pew bait? :naughty:

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Haha, why not go ahead and play 10 bowlers? (or 11 with them taking turns with the gloves). It's not like they'd score any less runs than the current top 6.

I am glad that Vettori is batting at number 6. He always underrates himself as a batsman. He averages 30 at number 8. To put that in perspective, the Pakistani opener, Salman Butt, averages only 28 :ph34r:

Flem274*

123/5

:lol: