• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** Pakistan in New Zealand (3 tests)

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
:( Poor New Zealand. Second time they've been rained out of a big series victory at the eleventh hour in just under a year.

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
I feel for NZ but it was a pretty amazing effort by Pak to bat for nearly 200 overs and make it so hard for NZ to have time to win. Certainly deserves praise.

nightprowler10

Global Moderator
Yeah true that. Its easy to feel sorry for the Kiwis but gotta hand it to Pakistan for putting up that kind of an inning after that sorry display first up.

Faisal1985

International Vice-Captain
Thanks the Almighty for the rain! lol..........

Feel bad for NZ, but also sort of cheap that we had to bring Allah in to this to save us.

Flem274*

123/5
Pakistan's batting was excellent considering the pressure they were under after the first innings where they collapsed at the home of bowler bashing. They deserved the chance at a draw.

More gutted that the rain took away an exciting finish. Would have been awesome to see it get really close.

nightprowler10

Global Moderator
Thanks the Almighty for the rain! lol..........

Feel bad for NZ, but also sort of cheap that we had to bring Allah in to this to save us.
An angel went running to Allah, waking Him from His slumber, to give him urgent news: "USA attacked China, they're at war!". Unfazed, Allah replied "ah that's ok, they'll sort it out within themselves" and laid back down. Another angel followed suit to inform Him about a war between Iran and Israel. Again Allah ignored the news and laid back down. A third angel informed Allah "seems Pakistan and India are at it again". Straight away He jumped off the bed and commanded that His chittar be brought to Him. Within seconds He was ready and raring for action. Confused, the three angels inquired why He was so willing to interfere with this conflict when there are four other nations fighting full scale wars? Allah calmly replied "The rest of the world can take care of their own problems, but the Pakistanis will say 'jo bhi karey ga Allah kare ga'".

:ph34r:

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
What really grinds my gears

Long jokes where the punchline is in a language I don't understand.

nightprowler10

Global Moderator
Haha bit rude I concede but its nowhere near as good in English. Basically it means leaving everything entirely up to God instead of trying ourselves. Its how we won the World Cup in 92.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
The punchline was pretty predictable given the post he replied to; I understood despite it being in a language I wouldn't have the first clue how to translate from.

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
Saved by the rain

But Yousuf's statements about Allah helping them draw just reflects the fact that he is not the right man for the job. Someone who looks upto Allah to save him despite pathetic performances cannot be a leader. A leader is someone who doesnt make excuses, but wants to win on his own performances!

Faisal1985

Saved by the rain

But Yousuf's statements about Allah helping them draw just reflects the fact that he is not the right man for the job. Someone who looks upto Allah to save him despite pathetic performances cannot be a leader. A leader is someone who doesnt make excuses, but wants to win on his own performances!

I don't see anything wrong with him thanking God for some natural help.........even though i do agree that he is not the "leader" type but still that is based on other reasons...

Faisal1985

An angel went running to Allah, waking Him from His slumber, to give him urgent news: "USA attacked China, they're at war!". Unfazed, Allah replied "ah that's ok, they'll sort it out within themselves" and laid back down. Another angel followed suit to inform Him about a war between Iran and Israel. Again Allah ignored the news and laid back down. A third angel informed Allah "seems Pakistan and India are at it again". Straight away He jumped off the bed and commanded that His chittar be brought to Him. Within seconds He was ready and raring for action. Confused, the three angels inquired why He was so willing to interfere with this conflict when there are four other nations fighting full scale wars? Allah calmly replied "The rest of the world can take care of their own problems, but the Pakistanis will say 'jo bhi karey ga Allah kare ga'".

:ph34r:
:laugh:

True that.........

Faisal1985

What really grinds my gears

Long jokes where the punchline is in a language I don't understand.
Pakistanis are known for saying "jo bhi karay ga Allah karay ga" this is interpreted as "whatever is to be done Allah will do it".(the punch line).......this is the literal meaning....but in essence it is supposed to be that whatever fate Allah has decided is bound to happen.... Pakistanis are known for saying this.......when you use the literal meaning it is quite funny.

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
I don't see anything wrong with him thanking God for some natural help.........even though i do agree that he is not the "leader" type but still that is based on other reasons...
Well there are problems with that..he is wrongly suggesting that God is biased, He denies a deserving team of victory against a lazy bunch of pathetic batsmen who destroyed their own chances by batting so poorly on the first day. Lot of people will have problems accepting that.
It becomes problematic and controversial.