• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Pakistan in New Zealand 2016/17

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
I dunno if you've always been this stupid or did coming on cricketweb make you that way?

If you take away Bradman's big scores, you'd be taking away a large chunk of his career. Do you know why? Because he consistently scored well.
Lesson of the day from listento_me: You can remove large scores only if they are a small part of one's career.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Mark Geenty on stuff writes that 'Henry Nicholls return to number 5 looks assured' though there aren't any quotes from selectors to confirm that and it might be pure speculation/inference.

The other question is whether another slow bowler is needed in the squad after Hagley offered surprising turn for the spinners this week.
Hey Jeets how would you like to be.......... Twelfth Man?

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Sorry what am I missing about Anderson seemingly be so highly rated for Test matches? Did I miss something in the last 5 years?

Athlai

Not Terrible
Sorry what am I missing about Anderson seemingly be so highly rated for Test matches? Did I miss something in the last 5 years?
I reckon he is a fairly decent bowling option and is probably one of the best longterm #6 options we have in the country. Thought his efforts in Christchurch against the Aussies sort of displays his value.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
I reckon he is a fairly decent bowling option and is probably one of the best longterm #6 options we have in the country. Thought his efforts in Christchurch against the Aussies sort of displays his value.
Yeah, even setting aside his bowling (as it looks increasingly likely that Corey will have to do) I'd back him over Nicholls.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Black Caps all-rounder Mitchell Santner sent to hospital for scans on hand - report | Stuff.co.nz

His chances may have just dramatically improved. Though Tastle is the most logical swap for Santner.
Ugh, after missing the home series against Australia too.

Anderson + Neesham + Jeets > Anderson/Neesham + Tastle + Nicholls
Don't think the number 5 spot needs to be considered here - fine if we choose another allrounder in place of Nicholls but in that instance his bowling is not really a consideration.

Considering just the bowlers here, definitely think Jeets should be picked. Before this, Santner performing well enough to demand a place had drastically decreases Jeets' chances of playing because at home:

Boult + Southee + Wagner + Henry/Neesham/Anderson + Santner > Boult + Southee + Wagner + Jeets + Santner

But without Santner

Boult + Southee + Wagner + Jeets + Neesham/Anderson

... is now better than any other combination we can put out afaics. I think Astle deserves to be considered over Sodhi but I don't it's at all justified selecting him over Jeets.

Last edited:

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
azhar ali is such a random choice of player to hate on
He is actually hated on by most of Pakistan because he is too 'boring' and 'slow' for them. Neither Azhar nor Shafiq get rated at all in their own countries.. Even YK is only reluctantly given some level of respect and acknowledgement because he shamed them with his truckload of runs.

Test batting average in the last 2 years:
Azhar Ali 57.10
Joe Root 55.13
Virat Kohli 54.80
Alastair Cook 50.33

Last edited:

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Santner confirmed to miss the series with a hairline fracture.

Btw, I passed Jeets in the street yesterday morning. Think I did a decent job of hiding my insta-boner, but he was clearly still a little weirded out.

Moss

International Vice-Captain
I'm guessing Craig will be back in the frame if fit, seeing the lower order has been such a problem of late. That, or Bracewell as fourth seamer, though it's far from ideal. I don't fancy the chances of no.8 onwards against Yasir and Wahab.

Last edited: