• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Pakistan in New Zealand 2016/17

listento_me

U19 Captain
lovely, are Pak back to their good old selves of the 00s
One loss in 2 and a half years does not mean they are the team of the mid to late 00s BUT they way their batting has faltered twice now is alarming. Thats not to Aslam, Shafiq and co are bad bats but Sarfraz, as a senior player on tour should have been more responsible throughout the series. It's as if everyone talking about his attacking intent as made him play up. I cant even remember his last innings of intent.

AndyZaltzHair

Hall of Fame Member
Disappointing series but I guess the positives are the two guys to get runs in these conditions are Babar Azam and Sami Aslam. Amir looked the best he has looked this year with the new ball. He was never great at reverse swing so didn't expect him to do much on Day 4.
Pull your **** together and tell us what happened today. You are bailing out.

Niall

International Coach
NZ deserved the 2-0 win without a doubt. It was a mess that from Pakistan the final day, crawled along to slowly and left way to much to do in the final session where they tried to go for it somewhat.

I see a tough series for them in Australia, Shafiq, Younis and to a lesser extent Sarfraz not contributing enough and I don't see the bowling hurting Australia especially with the burden of a no proper all rounder.

Moss

International Vice-Captain
Pakpassion is imploding right now. :laugh:

Good from NZ. Very pleased to see Southee finally bowl well and Taylor get runs. They could well get back to their 2014 form if they continue like this.
Nah, long way to go before 2014 form is reached. That side was far more stable batting wise, and Southee/Boult weren't searching for the magic ball with every delivery. Having said that both of them are at least looking way better than they were at the start of the year against Australia. This sets things up nicely for the rest of the season though I feel South Africa will be too good.

Good to see Williamson enjoy some success with captaincy, got the declaration right and managed the field settings well. Considering BMac would have gone all out attack right from the start, great that KW followed his own template.

Moss

Younis Khan's tour was a bit like Ross Taylor's India tour. Was badly needed to step up as senior pro, never got going, some poor dismissals and a bit of a blot on an otherwise reasonable away record.

Howsie

International Captain
Reading back through this thread from yesterday was a good laugh regarding the declaration talk. Williamson had it spot on the whole time, Pakistan were never going to chase that score down in one day, even with the start they had. Scoring quickly is always different in test matches compared to the limited overs stuff, you can't compare the two. Without giving Pakistan that sniff either I doubt we win tbh.

Oh, and where dem Tim Southee haterz at?

slippy888

International Captain
Does anyone have a explanation why would Rizwan take a single off the 1st ball off the over to leave exposed the last 3 batsman

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Oh, and where dem Tim Southee haterz at?
Really? You mean those who criticized him for averaging about 40 in the last 2 years leading into this series. How dare people post objectively & call it how it is.

At least I (being one of his biggest critic), went out of my way to give him credit for his bowling this series... see below.

Credit to Southee, I'm his biggest critic, but he was excellent this test series. 13 wickets @ 16 in 2 tests.

Meanwhile...we're all still eagerly waiting for you to give Wagner credit for his truly astonishing & world class 50 wickets @ 21 in the last 12 months.

The Hutt Rec

Really? You mean those who criticized him for averaging about 40 in the last 2 years leading into this series. How dare people post objectively & call it how it is.

At least I (being one of his biggest critic), went out of my way to give him credit for his bowling this series... see below.

Meanwhile...we're all still eagerly waiting for you to give Wagner credit for his truly astonishing & world class 50 wickets @ 21 in the last 12 months.
Wagner has also taken 40 wickets in a calendar year, only the fifth time that's been done by a NZer.

I wanted Southee dropped for this series, I'm happy to admit. Also really happy he's continued his return to form that seemed to begin with the ODIs in India. Was a brilliant performance in this test!

But I am also basking in the glow of saying NZ should declare with a lead of 380, pretty spot on there, muahaha, etc.

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I wanted Southee dropped for this series, I'm happy to admit. Also really happy he's continued his return to form that seemed to begin with the ODIs in India. Was a brilliant performance in this test!

Good on ya. Takes a real man to pay credit where it's due after handing out criticism.

I don't think any NZ fans were out of order criticizing Southee based on his recent performances leading into this series.

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Yeah, it's a long shot but he's still a chance to be our first fast bowler since Hadlee to grab 50 in a year.
It'd have to be next year; we have no more tests this year.

Unless that's what you mean by long shot i.e. he suddenly qualifies to play for Australia or India/England.

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Good on ya. Takes a real man to pay credit where it's due after handing out criticism.

I don't think any NZ fans were out of order criticizing Southee based on his recent performances leading into this series.
I think most of us have been critical of Southee and his recent form, and I wouldn't have minded seeing him dropped for someone else. But I also wanted him to come back and be better, and he did that in this Test. So everyone wins.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
It'd have to be next year; we have no more tests this year.

Unless that's what you mean by long shot i.e. he suddenly qualifies to play for Australia or India/England.
Ah, didn't realise the boxing day game has gone back to being an ODI again. Dumb.