• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Pakistan in New Zealand 2015

kiwiviktor81

International Debutant
Solid 10 overs from Milne. When was the last time Mitch went for fewer than 43 runs in 10 overs?

I'm glad they've giving Anderson lots of practice in the warm-ups, I only hope they're now 100% clear that unless he's having a sensational day, the intention should be to bowl him no more than 4 overs, with Elliott & Kane sharing the other 6.

I'm getting a feeling the selections may end up going for Southee/Mills and Boult at 1st change come the 1st WC game vs. SL, even though Boult is primarily an opener.
My money's on Southee, Mills and McClenaghan.

viriya

International Captain
Man.. where was this Grant Elliot guy hiding.. he's like the missing piece for NZ.

And Afridi keeps going ape**** at his age.. not that it would make a difference in the result but still.

Jimbo the giant

U19 12th Man
Solid 10 overs from Milne. When was the last time Mitch went for fewer than 43 runs in 10 overs?

I'm glad they've giving Anderson lots of practice in the warm-ups, I only hope they're now 100% clear that unless he's having a sensational day, the intention should be to bowl him no more than 4 overs, with Elliott & Kane sharing the other 6.

I'm getting a feeling the selections may end up going for Southee/Mills and Boult at 1st change come the 1st WC game vs. SL, even though Boult is primarily an opener.
4 overs nahh, maybe if he's having a bad day yeah, but he should be bowling more like 6/7 on a normal day, maybe more if he's going well

He should of had a good day today but bmac ruined his day and Afridi had good one

Last edited:

Howsie

International Captain
The next time I hear anyone say Brendon McCullum is an excellent fielder I'm going to flip. He's an excellent athlete and that's it. Feet for hands clown really.

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
4 overs nahh maybe if he's having a bad day yeah but he should be bowling more like 6/7 on a normal day maybe more if he's going well
Nah, 9 times out of 10 Anderson's so far an away our most expensive bowler, it's not funny. It's a really safe bet. Then very occasionally he bowls well.

Look at some of his numbers in the last 24 months or so, even when other bowlers (who also bowl at the death) go for 4.5-5, he goes for 6-6.5.

jonbrooks

International Debutant
Afridi showed his class today. This is just what we needed and was lacking from the SL middle order. They had no big hitters. For a number of overs we had no plan for Afridi. Pity he was fast running out of partners.

We need to come up with a better plan for the middle/late order big hitters. These quick fire 30s/40s can change games on their heads.

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
43 Runs an over awfully specific but 11 january 1st ODI: New Zealand v Sri Lanka at Christchurch, Jan 11, 2015 | Cricket Scorecard | ESPN Cricinfo

when was the last time milne took more than 2 wickets in an odi?

just odd comparisons you want...

Fair enough, forgot he bowled that one economical spell. Both actually average about the same per wicket in the last 12 months with the big difference being Mitch has gone for 5.68 & Milne 4.65. I know which I'd prefer.

Screenshot.png121211.png

Last edited:

viriya

International Captain
Younis Khan really needs to step up his game in ODIs.. 31 @ 75 is not gonna cut it for the WC for a batsman of his class. Reminds me of Mahela - never quite figured out ODIs.

MAD MAX

Cricket Spectator
Fair enough, forgot he bowled that one economical spell. Both actually average about the same per wicket in the last 12 months with the big difference being Mitch has gone for 5.68 & Milne 4.65. I know which I'd prefer.
Fair enought o be fair i think they should just pick on pitch as realistically you cant bowl milne too many games in a row with out breaking done i think on that first up hagley oval track should probably be southee mills/boult and mcclenaghan. but again in aus i think both could play together equally devastating if we get that far