• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*** Official *** Pakistan in India

funnygirl

State Regular
I feel bad for Dravid :( he has been such a great servant to Indian cricket and the manner in which he has been booted out is pathetic, why are there double standards in selection on what basis has Sehwag been selected if form is the only criteria for selection:confused:.
Let him gain some confidence which he is in very low nowadays .

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
7-33-2 is not a poor spell, in terms of figures, which you are talking about.
It is though. Look at the game in question.
Once again you show how boneheaded you can be by judging a player on statistics, watching one game is no way to make a fair call on how good a player is.
Have you ever watched K Eric Upashantha? I assure you, you don't need to to realise he's one of the worst bowlers ever to play Test-cricket. And yes, I have watched him, several times (unfortunately).

JerseyGuy

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
I massively fear for India in the ODIs. Just following the Challenger Trophy and India's recent ODIs, (besides Zaheer,) there are no moderately accurate pacers who bowl over 125kph and it is the reason they concede 300 so often.
125kph? where do you watch cricket? All Indian pacers bowl above that. Even Irfan bowls between 130 -135kph. RP and Shee consistenly bowl over 135.

JerseyGuy

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
I feel bad for Dravid :( he has been such a great servant to Indian cricket and the manner in which he has been booted out is pathetic, why are there double standards in selection on what basis has Sehwag been selected if form is the only criteria for selection:confused:.
Well they have insulted Dravid by leaving him out. Couple of failures and he is out of 15!!!! When will these selectors learn?:@ :@

R_D

International Debutant
Reports coming out that Sachin is likely to be the test captain for next 10 test matches.
Quite a few reports on indian tv... they usually tend to be quite accurate regarding these kind of things but nothing offical yet.

Not sure how i feel about this one... lets just wait and see i guess.
The whole resting saga... are Sachin and Ganguly likely to be rested for ODI's after the first 2.

adharcric

International Coach
Just watch, Dravid will be back after two matches. The more pressing issue here is why Badrinath is still not in the squad. Really hope that either a) Sehwag falls flat on his face in the next two matches b) the selectors "rest" Sourav or Sachin later in the series. Good to see Praveen Kumar get a break here.

Ganguly, Tendulkar, Sehwag, Yuvraj, Dhoni, Uthappa, Kumar, Pathan, Zaheer, Bhajji, Kartik for the first one.

Last edited:

alternative

Cricket Web Content Updater
Read it in one of the Indian Newspapers, that Dravid was rested due to his poor fielding, if that's the case Sewhag has not done anything scintillating to earn this recall, he has been quite mediocre for my liking.

Hopefully Sachin and Sourav are rested in the future games, and also hoping that Dravid returns back with prime form.

Raghav

International Vice-Captain
Read it in one of the Indian Newspapers, that Dravid was rested due to his poor fielding, if that's the case Sewhag has not done anything scintillating to earn this recall, he has been quite mediocre for my liking.

Hopefully Sachin and Sourav are rested in the future games, and also hoping that Dravid returns back with prime form.
Can you pl name it?

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
125kph? where do you watch cricket? All Indian pacers bowl above that. Even Irfan bowls between 130 -135kph. RP and Shee consistenly bowl over 135.
Yes, but the latter two do not bowl accurately and even Irfan is not that accurate.

jeevan

International 12th Man
Just watch, Dravid will be back after two matches. The more pressing issue here is why Badrinath is still not in the squad. Really hope that either a) Sehwag falls flat on his face in the next two matches b) the selectors "rest" Sourav or Sachin later in the series. Good to see Praveen Kumar get a break here.

Ganguly, Tendulkar, Sehwag, Yuvraj, Dhoni, Uthappa, Kumar, Pathan, Zaheer, Bhajji, Kartik for the first one.
Good team under the circumstances (ie from this squad of 15) , but Sehwag at #3 can be the sore thumb. The #3 will as often as not, be required to come in early with the ball swinging. With Sehwag, and his propensity for flashing without moving feet - that makes a bad early wicket situation worse.

PakPowered

School Boy/Girl Captain

He is just dropped for two matches, and i think rest will be good for him.Sehwag is back coz of his good record against Pakistan, otherwise he doesn't deserve a recall

RolledOver

U19 Debutant
Here's my warrior's for the first two matches,

Ganguly
Sehwag
Tend
YUvraj
Uthapa
Dhoni
Pathan
Bhajji
Kartik
Khan
Santh

pup11

International Coach
Vengsarkar has clearly stated in the press conference that Sehwag form against Pakistan is not the reason behind his selection and he has been selected because he has performed well at the domestic level :confused:.

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Vengsarkar has clearly stated in the press conference that Sehwag form against Pakistan is not the reason behind his selection and he has been selected because he has performed well at the domestic level :confused:.
Yeah, and...?

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
Here's my warrior's for the first two matches,

Ganguly
Sehwag
Tend
YUvraj
Uthapa
Dhoni
Pathan
Bhajji
Kartik
Khan
Santh
If your going to put Ganguly and Tendulkar in the top order, surely Tendulkar should be opening with either Ganguly or Sehwag. Tendulkar is arguably the best ODI opener of all time and he is still in good form (although, not his best form).

anoop4real

U19 12th Man
If your going to put Ganguly and Tendulkar in the top order, surely Tendulkar should be opening with either Ganguly or Sehwag. Tendulkar is arguably the best ODI opener of all time and he is still in good form (although, not his best form).
Yo man you are right Ganguly and Sachin are the best openers we have!!!!........