• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*** Official *** Pakistan in India

speedy

Cricket Spectator
India to lose ODIs but win the Tests me thinks.

TBH sachin, saurav, rahul need to call it a day and let the young guns beat our bitter rivals!

Raghav

International Vice-Captain
India to lose ODIs but win the Tests me thinks.

TBH sachin, saurav, rahul need to call it a day and let the young guns beat our bitter rivals!
Welcome to forums mate. Good call to those three players to call it a day.

speedy

Cricket Spectator
For odi against pakistan, my indian team would be

dhoni, badrinath, gambhir, uthappa, karthik, i pathan, yuvi, rp singh, sree, vrv singh (is he injured?), bhajji

any comments?

haroon510

International 12th Man
Pakistani ODI team has been announced.

http://content-usa.cricinfo.com/indvpak/content/current/story/317199.html

Pakistan ODI squad Shoaib Malik (capt), Younis Khan, Mohammad Yousuf, Shahid Afridi, Misbah-ul-Haq, Kamran Akmal (wk), Salman Butt, Yasir Hameed, Imran Nazir, Fawad Alam, Abdur Rehman, Shoaib Akhtar, Mohammad Asif, Umar Gul, Sohail Tanvir, Rao Iftikhar Anjum.

Khalid latif should be tried before leaving him out at least once.. maybe in fifth one day for Masbah..

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
7-33-2 and 10-48-0 are poor spells.

And I watched the first of those two as well.
7-33-2 is not a poor spell, in terms of figures, which you are talking about.

Once again you show how boneheaded you can be by judging a player on statistics, watching one game is no way to make a fair call on how good a player is.

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
1-1 (since i was talking about test) means they were not able to beat us in their own back yard, exactly what i was talking about
You are seriously mis-informed. That was the result of the series they played in India. They beat us 1-0 in the series that was played in Pakistan.

sirdj

State Vice-Captain
I massively fear for India in the ODIs. Just following the Challenger Trophy and India's recent ODIs, (besides Zaheer,) there are no moderately accurate pacers who bowl over 125kph and it is the reason they concede 300 so often.
Both RP Singh & Sreesanth clocked an average of 130-132 in the India-Aus series.

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
For the 1st ODI, this is my team:

This will likely not happen but this is the team I would go with.

1. Sachin Tendulkar
2. Gautam Gambhir
3. Sourav Ganguly
4. Yuvraj Singh
5. Rahul Dravid/Badrinath if Dravid's bad form continues
6. Mahendra Singh Dhoni (capt & wk.)
7. Robin Uthappa
8. Praveen Kumar
9. Irfan Khan Pathan
10. Harbhajan Singh
11. Zaheer Khan

adharcric

International Coach
Here's the squad I'd pick for the one-day series.

Dhoni, Yuvraj, Ganguly, Tendulkar, Dravid, Gambhir, Uthappa, Badrinath, Kumar, Pathan, Bhajji, Kartik, Zaheer, Sreesanth, RPS

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
Who is this Kumar? Haven't heard from him before.

also what has happened to munaf patel?
Praveen Kumar has been discussed a lot in the Indian Domestic Season thread. As for Munaf, he's looked below-par, lacking speed, accuracy and consistency. Not to mention, he's just plain one-dimensional, a liability in ODI's.

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
Here's the squad I'd pick for the one-day series.

Dhoni, Yuvraj, Ganguly, Tendulkar, Dravid, Gambhir, Uthappa, Badrinath, Kumar, Pathan, Bhajji, Kartik, Zaheer, Sreesanth, RPS
A top six of Uthappa, Gambhir (opening), Dravid, Tendulkar, Yuvraj and Dhoni looks very strong. The bottom five, however, is a cause for concern.

Moreover, this ODI series shouldn't be taken too seriously. Already the Indians play too much cricket. The side needs to be lightened before the truly crucial Australia tour, so that the best players at hand are in better form. The selectors can try out new players or promote the second-in-command to the frontline. A little added responsibility will do these youngsters a lot of good. The 'tried-and-tested' are not needed here; they can be brought back in full strength against Australia.

Zaheer surely needs a break, so Kumar comes in. A four-seam attack should be tried out here. Kartik's running hot so he stays, but that performance seemed a flash in the pan. Harbhajan adds a lot more value, but lack of wickets isn't encouraging at all. Sreesanth should stay- he's the fastest bowler in the team, and adds power to the bowling attack.

alternative

Cricket Web Content Updater
A top six of Uthappa, Gambhir (opening), Dravid, Tendulkar, Yuvraj and Dhoni looks very strong. The bottom five, however, is a cause for concern.

Moreover, this ODI series shouldn't be taken too seriously. Already the Indians play too much cricket. The side needs to be lightened before the truly crucial Australia tour, so that the best players at hand are in better form. The selectors can try out new players or promote the second-in-command to the frontline. A little added responsibility will do these youngsters a lot of good. The 'tried-and-tested' are not needed here; they can be brought back in full strength against Australia.

Zaheer surely needs a break, so Kumar comes in. A four-seam attack should be tried out here. Kartik's running hot so he stays, but that performance seemed a flash in the pan. Harbhajan adds a lot more value, but lack of wickets isn't encouraging at all. Sreesanth should stay- he's the fastest bowler in the team, and adds power to the bowling attack.
I reckon Ganguly deserves a place in the team, the man hardly has done anything wrong since his return.

R_D

International Debutant
Dravid and Dinesh Karthik left out for first 2 ODI against Pakistan and Sehwag back in the team according to cricinfo. Parveen Kumar in the squad as well.

Last edited:

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Mahendra Singh Dhoni (wk,capt), Sachin Tendulkar, Sourav Ganguly, Gautam Gambhir, Virender Sehwag, Robin Uthappa, Rohit Sharma, Yuvraj Singh, Irfan Pathan, Praveen Kumar, Zaheer Khan, RP Singh, Sreesanth, Harbhajan Singh, Murali Kartik

pup11

International Coach
I feel bad for Dravid :( he has been such a great servant to Indian cricket and the manner in which he has been booted out is pathetic, why are there double standards in selection on what basis has Sehwag been selected if form is the only criteria for selection:confused:.