• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Pakistan in England

Fusion

Global Moderator
Scaly piscine said:
The only one trolling seems to be you. Whether they tampered with the ball or not this reaction is still a disgrace.
Once again, both Naser Hussain and Ian Botham said they would've done the same if they thought they did nothing wrong. I'm pointing this out because obviously to you anything Pak do is not worthy and is a disgrace. To me, that's trolling.

open365

International Vice-Captain
Hair allways picks on players for minor offences, remember the Salman Butt running on the wicket thing last year?

But i don't see how you could warn a side for ball tampering, you not allowed to ball tamper so the umpire can't just warn you if he sees you do it. What if he warned a player of ball tampering then next ball the batsman got done a ball that swung a yard, how is that fair on the batsman?

Pakistan really need to get over this, it's just 5 runs for christ sakes.

SpaceMonkey

International Debutant
silentstriker said:
Doesn't mean it did either. If Pakistan felt they were unfarily accused of cheating, then they have every right to do what they are doing.
They seem to be sulking, plain and simple.

Ruining the game for the crowd and the viewers at home is pathetic, whether they feel hard done by or not.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Scaly piscine said:
There have been 12 overs since the decision, so best part of an hour.
Here's what Andrew Miller has for us. "The issue would seem to boil down to evidence. Has Darrell Hair got any proof that the Pakistanis were tampering with the ball? Did he see a specific player scratch at the seam, or did he take a look at a ball that is 64 overs old and draw his own conclusions? As Ian Botham has just said on Sky Sports, it's a matter of honour to the Pakistanis. If Hair has no proof, then they are well within their rights to take this stance." Thanks for that update, Andrew.

no1_gangsta_786

U19 Cricketer
ECB Chairman enters Pakistan dressing room to find out if they are going to come back out. Shouldnt that be the officials job...preferably Darryl Hair and Billy Doctrove.

Langeveldt

Soutie
Samuel_Vimes said:
According to the Laws, they might.

I suppose Hair doesn't have the balls to hand England the match after causing this. :D
Its in their interests regarding winning this test to get out there ASAP, so I guess thats not a priority at the moment

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Total Joke, Mr Hair has made a mess of things yet again. Having said that Pakistan should really be out there winning the game.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
SpaceMonkey said:
They seem to be sulking, plain and simple.

Ruining the game for the crowd and the viewers at home is pathetic, whether they feel hard done by or not.

Sorry, playing the game after being called a cheat is pathetic. They should have left right away, but they waited until the tea breaks and thought with calmer heads. Thats more patience than I would have had.

Fusion

Global Moderator
open365 said:
It's not about the 5 runs!! The Pak team were accused of cheating. So either prove it or you have some answering to do.

Langeveldt

Soutie
open365 said:
It may only be five runs, but they've essentially been called cheats, its an honour thing.. Its like accusing someone of chucking or match fixing..

open365

Fusion said:
Stop trolling and saying Pakistan are a disgrace. In effect, Pak were accused of cheating. If Hair has proof they cheated, he has a right to change the ball and the events that followed were entirely of Pak's fault. But if there is no proof, then he just accused the Pak team of cheating based on assumptions. That's ridiculous and has huge implications. Though I don't necessarily support Pak not taking the field, I think they have the right to do it if they think they did nothing wrong. So shut up about your "disgrace" comments and wait until all the facts are out.
No, Pakistan ARE a disgrace.

The game is ruled by the umpires, you go by the umpires decision, however bad it may be. In the end, they lost 5 runs, big deal, get over it.

Fusion

Global Moderator
open365 said:
No, Pakistan ARE a disgrace.

The game is ruled by the umpires, you go by the umpires decision, however bad it may be. In the end, they lost 5 runs, big deal, get over it.
Maybe being called a cheat is no big deal to you, but it would be to most people. Stop treating this as just a matter of losing 5 runs. That's just dumb.

open365

Ok, so theya re accused of cheating and their of so precious honour is degraded.

What would be the more appropriate action A)They play and win the game, after it they say that no one in their team cheated and that the umpire got it wrong, the British public seem to believe they never cheated anyway.

Or

B) They throw their dummies away and go sulk in the changing room

PY

International Coach
I'd like to ask people to take a deep breath before posting and stop calling each other various things.

Cheers. :)