• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Pakistan in England and Ireland 2016

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
One thing that has strangely been lacking this test match is social reminding us how poor a player of decent fast bowling Cook is.

91Jmay

International Coach
Yeah starting to really believe he can do it now, hope his average keeps coming down as well so the usual suspects can't use it against him as much.

Compton

International Debutant
England bowled Pakistan out for 198, then dicked about for a bit - under half of the number of overs - and got to 173-1.

This is a rout.

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I don't know why more cricket teams don't employ scrabble gurus as declaration analysts
They've already got plenty of backroom staff looking at data thanks. Bit odd that all of a sudden it seems to revert to Broad and Anderson's precious whining on whether to enforce the follow-on.

Note I'm posting for people with working brain cells, not the PakPassion wannabes. I'm not expecting anything resembling intelligent debate from them.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
They've already got plenty of backroom staff looking at data thanks. Bit odd that all of a sudden it seems to revert to Broad and Anderson's precious whining on whether to enforce the follow-on.

Note I'm posting for people with working brain cells, not the PakPassion wannabes. I'm not expecting anything resembling intelligent debate from them.
Look, of course data analysis has its place. But you are reducing the whole thing to a game of chance and taking any human element out of it. Equating a cricket declaration to a game of scrabble is amongst the most bizarre thing I've ever read. As for 'previous whining' from two of the world's best quicks, yes let's ignore them and press ahead blindly. Can't see any flaw in such an approach.

Howe_zat

Audio File
I said on the podcast back in January that Azhar Ali would be one of the best players of the summer. He does need to get on with it a tad

Shady Slim

International Coach
This skipping about from Younis is really very odd. I can't remember him doing this in the away series.
i think it's to do with his uae technique from the slow low pitches

any pitch that isn't horrendously slow and absurdly low necessitates all this fuss because his technique is based on the low centre of gravity conducive to the success in the uae

Furball

Evil Scotsman
This skipping about from Younis is really very odd. I can't remember him doing this in the away series.
Funnily enough in the footage they just showed from the UAE series his back leg is kicking around a little. It looks like some sort of involuntary action he's struggling to keep under control.

Meridio

International Regular
Man Younus is looking terrible. Can't say I remember him batting like this last time I saw him play; seems to be a recent development. I wonder if it's actually the eyes that are going, he's not seeing it clearly which is causing him to almost spasm at the ball.

Also, while Cook obviously should have caught that, I wonder if Bairstow could have taken it. Looked pretty close to him on replay.

MW1304

Cricketer Of The Year
Man Younus is looking terrible. Can't say I remember him batting like this last time I saw him play; seems to be a recent development. I wonder if it's actually the eyes that are going, he's not seeing it clearly which is causing him to almost spasm at the ball.

Also, while Cook obviously should have caught that, I wonder if Bairstow could have taken it. Looked pretty close to him on replay.
It went straight to Cook, slightly on his left. Not only his catch but surely the most comfortable place for him.