• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Pakistan in England and Ireland 2016

LegionOfBrad

International Debutant
Bowling first always a brave decision. No wickets in the first hour and you look a little silly. Which is what England will be telling themselves.

The pitch isnt a green seamer like it can be but conditions very favourable to the bowlers.

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
We've discussed Borthwick and reached a consensus in the thread that he didn't cut the mustard last time and likely never will
No some Aussie decided he got two single figure scores batting at 8 four years ago so isn't going to make it. Some other fanboys ran in and tried to support it with equally nonexistent arguments.

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I don't think I like all this talk about Edgbaston being "our Gabba"........where and when did that start??

FMD, it is in no way a fortress for England in the way that the Gabba is for the Cons.

Edit:

Oh I see it has come from Broad.......that's OK then.
Yep Broad's an idiot.

England have won every Test at Chester-le-Street so far. But obviously most of them are against drivel opposition to make way for The Ashes stealing ovine botherers to have 700 odd people turn up for the deciding day.

MW1304

Cricketer Of The Year
When was the last time a team, worldwide, had a stable and dependable opening partnership for a decent length of time?

91Jmay

International Coach
Decision to bowl was still a bad one. 350 is a really good score on this pitch and the ball will swing and seam throughout. Will also spin day 3/4 onwards.

Pressure growing on Hales..

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Haha, was just about to predict Root would fall cheaply... Cricket - the great leveller.

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Decision to bowl was still a bad one. 350 is a really good score on this pitch and the ball will swing and seam throughout. Will also spin day 3/4 onwards.

Hales' looking more and more like your Test Guptill.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member

350 looks a heck of a long way off right now. I know that the Pakistan batting is brittle, but there's a psychological benefit from bowling your opponents out cheaply first.