• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Pakistan in Australia

Bouncer

State Regular
Coming back to boxing day test....Just got up and dont know how I am going to spend next 8 hours before start of game.....being Pakistan team follower....I will take any test cricket that we get...even if it comes with some wopping.....still believe if Pak batting holds up and Kaneria doesnt bowl his 1 boundery ball an over...Pak can make it challenging for aussies

You have only past to live in, I have both the past and the present.
You dont live in past and this is what you post..this along with youtube links that you posted.

You are trying way tooo hard to over come some issues that you have been having for a very long time...Keep on trying:laugh:

Last edited:

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Really looking forward to this, love that I get a bit of cricket on the rubbishest day of the year, even if it's late on. Really think this Pakastani team has a lot of potential, and I think they could turn over an average Oz side.

Xuhaib

International Coach
Really looking forward to this, love that I get a bit of cricket on the rubbishest day of the year, even if it's late on. Really think this Pakastani team has a lot of potential, and I think they could turn over an average Oz side.
4 of top 6 are not test standard and you expect Pakistan to rollover Aussies:laugh:

Some absolutley brilliant Pak sides in 80's and 90's have struggled in Aus so I am not expecting miracles from this mediocre lot historically Aus is one place where we do not travel well.

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
4 of top 6 are not test standard and you expect Pakistan to rollover Aussies:laugh:

Some absolutley brilliant Pak sides in 80's and 90's have struggled in Aus so I am not expecting miracles from this mediocre lot historically Aus is one place where we do not travel well.
"Turn over" is a phrase that's used to indicate a shock, I never said "Rollover" as that would mean I felt Pakistan would flippin' murder 'em, which I don't. Like the look of Umer Akmal and think the bowling is a good unit.

Bouncer

State Regular
"Turn over" is a phrase that's used to indicate a shock, I never said "Rollover" as that would mean I felt Pakistan would flippin' murder 'em, which I don't. Like the look of Umer Akmal and think the bowling is a good unit.

Bowling is good unit, no doubt. But to win test matches you have to win back to back sessions and bowling will win Pak few sessions, but the very next session will be ruined by the batting, which will mean that Pak is not going to be able to win back to back sessions and thus the test match.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Yeah same. Love the Boxing Day test. I even had an extended early-evening kip so I can stay awake longer and watch it.

Can't see Pakistan winning though. When the bounce of Iain O'Brien in Napier makes them look beyond amateur I fear for their lives in Australia.

R_D

International Debutant
Yeah same. Love the Boxing Day test. I even had an extended early-evening kip so I can stay awake longer and watch it.

Can't see Pakistan winning though. When the bounce of Iain O'Brien in Napier makes them look beyond amateur I fear for their lives in Australia.
Yeah their batting is pretty crap.... so wish Younis Khan was here. He would have given the middle over bit of solidarity and that way the rest of wimps in Pakistani wouldn't be sending out Umar Akmal at one down.

Australian batting has become bit more prone to collapses though so you never know...With Ponting being injured n all.. they look even more vulnerable . Pakistani bowling is pretty decent as well.

Uppercut

I'm a big fan of this Pakistan attack, and as England showed, with a dangerous attack and a bit of luck you can sometimes get away with having a much inferior batting lineup.

But Pakistan seriously struggled with average bounce and fast-mediums at Napier. Usually I think the idea that subcontinental batsmen can't handle bounce is overplayed, but this particular lineup looks hopeless against it. I miss Younis Khan. It'll be a great effort to win here.

Howsie

International Captain
and the experience could potentially be quite good for him in general if he plays .. and even if he serves up pies,
I'll have to remember this line in the future.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
I'll have to remember this line in the future.
I did say I disagreed with it and thought it was a disgrace, though, it must be noted. The exact same thing would apply to picking McClenaghan or something now (except Australia's spin stocks are far inferior to New Zealand's seam stocks..) - I'd disagree with it fundamentally as I do with the Smith selection. I was just explaining what I thought to be thought process; it doesn't mean I think it's right.

Uppercut

I did say I disagreed with it and thought it was a disgrace, though, it must be noted. The exact same thing would apply to picking McClenaghan or something now (except Australia's spin stocks are far inferior to New Zealand's seam stocks..) - I'd disagree with it fundamentally as I do with the Smith selection. I was just explaining what I thought to be thought process; it doesn't mean I think it's right.
The best you could say for his selection would be that his FC record is small enough that its horrific direness can be ignored.

In any case, looks like Hauritz is playing.

Craig

World Traveller
Seeing Danish Kaneria in tears when he found out he could not play in this Test just proves which game is number one. Don't see too many guys in tears when they miss a ODI or T20.

Craig

World Traveller
Anyone got info on Abdur Rauf as a bowler don't think I've seen him bowl before?
31 year old fast bowler.

Funnily enough Aamer would of been about one or less then one year old when Ponting made his FC debut (only because the exact date's with me).