• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Pakistan in Australia 2019

harsh.ag

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Expect the Pakistan middle order as a whole to do well. But lose both tests by around 150 runs anyway.

Chrish

International Debutant
God, this Pak attack will get bloody murdered. Why are T20 bowlers being tried in the test format?

The new domestic format certainly hasn't deepened the player pool just yet.

Haven't had time to follow any cricket of late. I hope Pak can at least put a decent performance in the tests. Have 0 interest in the T20s.
They can't possibly do worse than last time around, can they?

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Yep, play a guy with 11 first class wickets at 52 in absolutely the hardest place for an Asian spinner.

He's not in the test squad though.

GoodAreasShane

Cricketer Of The Year

He'll make Tahir look like Warne. Yikes.
I remember seeing him play a Shield game at the WACA where he got absolutely slaughtered, couldn't land two in the same spot. Simon Mackin also had an absolute shocker that game, one of the worst team bowling performances I have seen.

Mackin just seemed to fall off a cliff, completely lost his action. Sad really.

aussie tragic

International Captain
Despite his hissy fit, it looks like CA are giving Lynn every chance to get back into the T20 side.

CA XI squad to play Pak on Thursday.

Chris Lynn (c), Will Sutherland, Baxter Holt, Mackenzie Harvey, Alex Ross, Nathan McSweeney, Jake Fraser-McGurk, Chris Green, Ben Dwarshuis, Mickey Edwards, Lloyd Pope, Dan Fallins

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
^ why would CA not pick D'Arcy Short or Max Bryant in a game like this?
WA play QLD in a 50 over match on the same day. With Heazlett injured, Bryant is a likely starter.

Are we going to create a SL thread or just comment here? I have to say, im so underwhelmed by this international season opener.

aussie tragic

International Captain
WA play QLD in a 50 over match on the same day. With Heazlett injured, Bryant is a likely starter.
Thanks, now I understand, just players not playing in the Marsh Cup.

I miss the days when a CA XI was full of 2nd XI players getting their opportunity to show they can step up.

aussie tragic

International Captain
Looks like selectors are going with a bat-off again before the 1st Test.

Australia A squad:*Alex Carey (c), Marcus Harris, Joe Burns, Usman Khawaja, Will Pucovski, Travis Head, Nic Maddinson, Michael Neser, Jhye Richardson, Sean Abbott, Riley Meredith.

Also, how does Carey captain ahead of 2 state captains in Head and Khawaja?

GoodAreasShane

Cricketer Of The Year
Pretty solid squad all in all, although at the risk of flogging a dead horse Head would be a far better captaincy option than Carey.

No spinner, but that seems largely down to expected conditions than anything

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Yeah can't argue with the Aus A squad. I'd like to see them **** off Harris in theory but in practice he has earned his spot. Carey as captain isn't great either but it shows he's being groomed.

So I guess that means that Warner, Smith, Labuschagne and Wade are safe in the Test team.

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Is Paine still captain of the test side?
Yes. Smith's captaincy ban doesn't finish until the end of this season and there's no reason to dump Paine as captain unless you drop him from the Test side. Which I can see an argument for, but I don't think he's been so bad he has to be dropped...despite my ATG rant in the Stokes match.

GoodAreasShane

Cricketer Of The Year
Not sure what batting order they will go with, I would think perhaps something like:

1. Burns
2. Harris
3. Khawaja
4. Head
5. Pucovski
6. Maddinson
7. Carey
8. Neser
9. Richardson
10. Meredith

11. Abbott