• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Pakistan in Australia 2019

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
I couldn't care less about how many runs Warner scored; I just don't really believe in first innings declarations in the same way Test captains seem to, so I wouldn't have declared then, even if Warner had been dismissed half an hour earlier and Head or Paine were batting. I don't think it was a terrible decision but it's not one I would made at that time. I totally agree that how many runs Warner was on shouldn't have factored into the decision though.
I am not sure why. I believe the only time anyone has scored more than 589 and gone on to lose a Test match is Bangladesh in this one. Those are pretty good odds to have in your favor. So why take the chance of not gaining full points?

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
That's a dolly.

Tactically this session is a nightmare for Australia, as things stand they either have to bat under lights or enforce the follow-on. Told ya Pakistan were going to come back.

vcs

Ah, what a shame. Definitely a coming of age series for Babar Azam though. I had a feeling Starc would deny him the hundred with that going across angle. Last thing anyone wants to face while trying to get to a milestone.

vcs

His cover drives are even prettier than Kohli's TBH.

Starc doing the business.

morgieb

That sucks. He's clearly so good though, nice to see him live up to the hype.
Yeah was kind of crap that he was dominating the white ball but struggling with the red one. Averaging 50 in the last two years now, only a few batsmen have done better.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Juz popping in here to point out how the entire credit for Babar's wicket (or at least most of it) should go to Tim Paine. Not just for the brilliant catch but the entire brilliant set up. Babar was on 96 and on strike and Lyon was about to bowl. Paine made sure he slowed the game down, went across and chatted with Lyon which is what most decent captains will do, at this level. But then, he asked Labuschagne to bowl, and I am almost certain he did that coz he knew Marnus was fielding close in and more time will be wasted with him having to get rid of all his paraphernalia of protective equipment. Then there was that single and then I think he was not on strike for the next 11 balls. He then immediately brought on Starc after the solitary over from Marnus, ostensibly for a change of ends but really, brilliant brilliant captaincy and playing on the nervousness of Babar.

OTOH, I did say this innings could be the making of Babar as a test match batsman. Unfortunately, he still has to work on the mental aspect of his batting. The talent is there in plenty and honestly, he should be as good as the fab 4 (either the Root KW level or Kohli Smith level) but has to get the mental discipline right.

quincywagstaff

International Debutant
Oz seemed flat from ball one today. Partly I think because of how easy the match has been and partly (if what the comms are suggesting are true) that they weren't going to enforce the follow-on.

Even with this resistance today, don't see the need to bat again. I reckon thinking that put Oz in a mentally slack state of mind in that it didn't matter as much how quickly they got the final few wickets and it was reflected in their play today.

morgieb

This is utter crap from Australia. Yasir would probably be the worst batsman to hit a ton if he does.