• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Pakistan in Australia 2016/17

KRIS 148

School Boy/Girl Captain
Oh if I had of known you are a pom then I wouldent have bothered reading your post. goodbye.
Good to hear from a Pom. We have good reason to criticise our selectors as I suppose you have. Swepson could be the new Warne.. that I agree with... but who is saying Wade is better than Nevill and that Lyon will spin us to victory in India? I belong to several other cricket forums and I know of no one that says that. Lyon will be found out for the dud he is on Asian surfaces and Wade will be wishing by the end of the tour that Nevill had been picked in his place. As for the Marsh's ...this is their last chance to cement their place in the side.

GirtBySea

U19 12th Man
You could say that for most Oz home ODI series in the last few years due to a combination of Oz being far too good and the pitches largely being batting paradises.

I don't think it was even the worst ODI series of the summer; the pivotal moment of the series was that Handscomb no-ball dismissal in Perth. If that had been a dismissal, Pakistan would've been a big chance to win. As it was, they never recovered and Oz's batting (which had struggled to that point in the series) absolutely dominated.

I know it won't happen because CA & Ch 9 think fans want to see the side score 350 every time, but there should at least be one pitch in a series like this that is greenish and seam-friendly.
My word I want to see something different like that. And in fact, the Melbourne pitches for the NZ and Pakistan games were the best ones for ODI games for the two series by far and I said that after Pakistan played them. Not a green top but one that had inconsistent pace in it. But as Warner showed the first time, get used to the bowlers' deliveries, changes and the pace of the pitch, and you can score heavily if you're good enough! It is a 100-over match, not under 12s school cricket. And these consistent 350+ scores is actually what is ruining the 50-over spectacle for myself (did you hear that Michael Clarke)?

Spark

Global Moderator
What? No. Inconsistent pace makes for terrible viewing in ODIs most of the time. Sideways movement is what makes it interesting.

GirtBySea

U19 12th Man
What? No. Inconsistent pace makes for terrible viewing in ODIs most of the time. Sideways movement is what makes it interesting.
I've made my points crystal clear: give the bowlers some sort of assistance and make the batsmen work harder for their runs. And Warner's innings on that Melbourne pitch was an outstanding performance and still the sort where it's far from impossible to make a big score.
It was a bat and ball contest. I'll end that there.

indiaholic

International Captain
I've made my points crystal clear: give the bowlers some sort of assistance and make the batsmen work harder for their runs. And Warner's innings on that Melbourne pitch was an outstanding performance and still the sort where it's far from impossible to make a big score.
It was a bat and ball contest. I'll end that there.
Agreed that they are better than roads. Bowlers are people too.

Burner

International Regular
I do like to see slow wickets every now and again. It's particularly fun to see good batsmen swing and miss balls repeatedly and the impending doom that sets in their face when the very gettable total they were chasing looks so far off. It happened to Kohli and Dhoni vs SA recently and to Root, Buttler this week.

TNT

Banned
Why not prepare roads for the batsmen and get some really horrible umpires who surrender to a good appeal and no DRS. I miss the good old days when the Indian and Pakistani supporters used go ballistic on the umpires.

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Begs the question, what country does (generally) have the best wickets in the world for the best balance between bat and ball, and something for both pace and spin currently? Tests and ODIs.

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Begs the question, what country does (generally) have the best wickets in the world for the best balance between bat and ball, and something for both pace and spin currently? Tests and ODIs.
RSA and Sri Lanka, undoubtedly.