• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Pakistan in Australia 2016/17

S.Kennedy

International Vice-Captain
I actually think CA - as it has been composed recently - is worse than the ECB (if that is even possible). I'm not merely a Pom having a traditional go at the Convicts here; what I mean to say is, I would not want CA running the England team, or to put it another way, I'm rather pleased that CA run Australia as it increases England's Ashes chances.

And I loath the ECB so that puts it in perspective.

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I actually think CA - as it has been composed recently - is worse than the ECB (if that is even possible). I'm not merely a Pom having a traditional go at the Convicts here; what I mean to say is, I would not want CA running the England team, or to put it another way, I'm rather pleased that CA run Australia as it increases England's Ashes chances.

And I loath the ECB so that puts it in perspective.
what on earth are you even talking about? A little context would go a long way

Crazy Sam

International 12th Man
Were any of them even in shape while playing?
Except for Tom Moody, he always looks a picture of fitness when standing next to the others. Helps that he towers over them too.

I've enjoyed Waqar's commentary and wish Ch9 would bring him back for the Ashes next summer and forget about Pietersen.

91Jmay

International Coach
I think CA and ECB are the same in that they prioritise $ over the good of cricket, however they aren't near the levels of ineptitude in terms of cricketing decision making for the most part.

S.Kennedy

I think what he is saying is that if CA were not running cricket in Australia then there would be no one to organise the Australian team for the Ashes.
What I am saying is your selectors are even worse than the English selectors.

I was reading about the spinners by two Australian cricket journalists and it is the theory that they are going to get destroyed in India. Swepson or somebody? His figures are atrocious.

S.Kennedy

I also think that Big bash Bosh will have a detrimental affect on test cricket. You need to concentrate on Shield cricket. It might be good for producing Warner type players but where are you going to find proper Test batsman?

TNT

Banned
What I am saying is your selectors are even worse than the English selectors.

I was reading about the spinners by two Australian cricket journalists and it is the theory that they are going to get destroyed in India. Swepson or somebody? His figures are atrocious.
Ahh so they should ask the journalists who to pick and that will make them better selectors.

TNT

Banned
I also think that Big bash Bosh will have a detrimental affect on test cricket. You need to concentrate on Shield cricket. It might be good for producing Warner type players but where are you going to find proper Test batsman?
The two best 20/20 leagues in the world are in the two top test nations. I take it you don't think Warner is a proper test batsman.

S.Kennedy

Alright - I understand it. Australians here exhaust considerable energy criticising their selectors, but just because a pom does it, the patriotic feathers are ruffled. Swepson is the new Warne. Lyon will spin your to Indian glory. Continue with your constant reconfiguration of Marsh brothers one and two. Wade is better than Neville.

PS

I'm only echoing Australian fears about the Big Bash Bosh and its impact on the Test team.

Last edited:

TNT

Banned
Alright - I understand it. Australians here exhaust considerable energy criticising their selectors, but just because a pom does it, the patriotic feathers are ruffled. Swepson is the new Warne. Lyon will spin your to Indian glory. Continue with your constant reconfiguration of Marsh brothers one and two. Wade is better than Neville.

PS

I'm only echoing Australian fears about the Big Bash Bosh and its impact on the Test team.
Oh if I had of known you are a pom then I wouldent have bothered reading your post. goodbye.

Burgey

Hoping we pick three quicks tbh. If they're your best bowlers by a big margin, you pick them and back then to get it done.

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
Oh if I had of known you are a pom then I wouldent have bothered reading your post. goodbye.
Absolutely dire post. I dont necessarily agree with what S Kennedy was saying (though I can kind of see where he's coming from )but this in response is just bottom of the barrel posting.

Last edited:

Spark

Global Moderator

PS

There are threats to Australian cricket which are orders of magnitude larger than batsmen with questionable technique, and the Big Bash is far more effective in countering those threats than boomer reactionaries fearful of anything approaching modernity.

TheJediBrah

I'd recommend not bothering to read his posts too tbh. Not because he's a pom, just because of what they generally contain