• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Only ODI - Ireland v England

MW1304

Cricketer Of The Year
It went better than his actual debut did tbf.
Yeah hurried by a Rankin pie iirc.

It's a shame for Colville, because you can't claim it's his debut in any way. His only game was against Ireland in Ireland too. 2013 debut?

jackbyrne91

School Boy/Girl Captain
Haha What does that last bit have to do with anything?

I love football as it happens, but hearing people moan about a negative coach is something I hear all the bloody time in football. That is all.
When people suggest "Football" nowadays I think of the modern Football fan sat in a pub watching their team on TV whilst moaning about everything and sat on Transfer Deadline Day having a moan they aren't spending £74million on Emile Heskey. Apologies if thats not what you meant.

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
When people suggest "Football" nowadays I think of the modern Football fan sat in a pub watching their team on TV whilst moaning about everything and sat on Transfer Deadline Day having a moan they aren't spending £74million on Emile Heskey. Apologies if thats not what you meant.
Pothas is a proper glory-hunter TBF, that's why he loves Ravi:wub:

Pothas

I am sure you are aware that football fans at all levels are capable of this, support Brentford and people have been moaning all week about 'negative' tactics on the weekend.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
I really don't think bowling Kevin O'Brien to Morgan is a great idea. Stirling or Mooney should be the options here.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I really don't think bowling Kevin O'Brien to Morgan is a great idea. Stirling or Mooney should be the options here.
Yeah I'd have gone with one of those too. They might just still be looking for a bit of movement, Murtagh got some right into his last over and the ball's only 11 overs old.

KOB's bowling **** here though.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Stirling 5 overs 0/36. Must say, did not see that coming. Annoying that while his progression from dart-thrower to proper bowler looks nice and would threaten more batsmen in FC cricket, it could mean more days like this really.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Yeah I miss the darts. The last ball of his last over was 66mph and it looked like that type of filth might have caused more problems.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
It's startling how much better the ODI regulars have done for England compared to the newbies.
Does look like England have got this from here but it'll be encouraging for Ireland that they've been able to expose fringe opposition cricketers again; playing Ireland in Ireland does genuinely seem to be a step up from the YB40 for example and that's really healthy for international cricket.

Part of me would've preferred if they got belted though. One of the things that's always been likeable about Ireland's side is that they don't do the whole "encouraging loss, we'll take heart that we got so close" thing; they always play to win and when they get a sniff they invariably actually pull it off, rather than creating a fairytale what-if story. The series against Pakistan followed by this game really takes away some of that.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Bit of a moral victory for Irish cricket in that England's best bowler of the day was Rankin and their best batsman was Morgan, too. :p

Murtagh as Ireland's best notwithstanding..

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Yeah I miss the darts. The last ball of his last over was 66mph and it looked like that type of filth might have caused more problems.
In an ideal world he'd keep both up his sleeve and learn to read the situation and the batsman better but to be fair to him we are talking about an opening batsman.

Scaly piscine

Interesting innings from England.

Looking forward to digging up some of the comments about Stokes in the not too distant future.