• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Only ODI - Ireland v England

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
If it looks crazy slow because Murtagh and Johnston are bowling on it then it'll go underground when Kevin O'Brien comes on. The opening bowlers really aren't that slow.
Well they're being timed at 75mph~ which is a touch slower than usual. Compared to England's opening bowlers it's a snail's pace.

Viscount Tom

International Debutant
Darren, bored and bemused at work in Cheltenham, TMS inbox: I still don't understand why Matt Prior isn't picked for ODI's. He scores quickly in Tests and is by far the best wicketkeeper England have. Baffling.
Where would we all be without the customary Matt Prior for ODIs call.

Uppercut

AWWWW yeah that's the stuff. Good decision to keep Murtagh on, a lot of captains would've saved him for the death but that's just stupid.

jackbyrne91

School Boy/Girl Captain
Such a football fan mentality.
Who are you to just dismiss my opinion?

Get off your high horse.

I have played Cricket all my life and watch all forms of the game no matter who is playing.

As a matter of fact my Football team is currently sat 21st in the Conference North.

Last edited:

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Think it's Trott's negative attitude that has got into these batsmen, they've probably seen him too much on TV.

Predictable from me, but hey........

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
AWWWW yeah that's the stuff. Good decision to keep Murtagh on, a lot of captains would've saved him for the death but that's just stupid.
Especially since he's absolutely rubbish at the death. Ireland have clearly learnt from that loss to Pakistan a few months back where they did exactly that and Wahab Riaz deposited him six rows back on multiple occasions and stole the game.

stumpski

International Captain
He did better than his actual debut though.

Batting as deep as we do I think this is still pretty even - at least while Morgan is there. The Finisher wouldn't have wanted to be batting in the ninth over though.

Given all that's gone before there's an amusing irony in our top order being knocked over by an Englishman.

jackbyrne91

School Boy/Girl Captain
England's last hope here.

These two could quite easily get the runs between them.

On the other hand they could probably both get out in the next over. Both very inconsistent for England.

Uppercut

Especially since he's absolutely rubbish at the death. Ireland have clearly learnt from that loss to Pakistan a few months back where they did exactly that and Wahab Riaz deposited him six rows back on multiple occasions and stole the game.
Yeah definitely. It's a traditional strength for Ireland, having lots of different tools in the attack and knowing which ones to use when, so it's important they get it right. No Cusack today though so we're short a death bowler.

jackbyrne91

School Boy/Girl Captain
I like Bopara. I do like him. I like the way he bats.

But he doesn't help himself at times.

He does like that sweep shot too, and it can get him in trouble. Come on Ravi get a good ton here.

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Who are you to just dismiss my opinion?

Get off your high horse.

I have played Cricket all my life and watch all forms of the game no matter who is playing.

As a matter of fact my Football team is currently sat 21st in the Conference North.
Haha What does that last bit have to do with anything?

I love football as it happens, but hearing people moan about a negative coach is something I hear all the bloody time in football. That is all.