• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* NRL 2014

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Be a fitting farewell to the NRL for big Sam too.

Guaranteed an English pennant winner either way. Will it be the first since Morley won with Easts?

EDIT: Actually have a feeling Widdop snagged one with the Storm, now I think about it.
Yeah Widdop did in 2012. Though he did play NYC for the Storm so it's not quite like Morley, or Graham/the Burgesses.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Yeah the article is accurate, the Brownlow is without doubt better than the Clive Churchill. Unfortunately for AFL, Brownlow is one of the 2 best nights of the AFL season, while league has many more better.

I do think allowing votes to be published for the first 16 weeks, is WAY too much.

dermo

International Vice-Captain
i dont mind it, he's got one of the best tactical minds in the game and im sure he's matured a bit since his dismissal from souths

definitely not the worst option

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Can someone please explain how Cherry-Evans beat out Ben Hunt for the halfback of the year? I was happy with Segeyaro getting the 9 spot though.

dermo

cherry-evans was very very good at the start of the year, hunt never played that well throughout the season although i think he was definitely better post origin

hunt can definitely consider himself unlucky though, as can mitch pearce

Ausage

Cricketer Of The Year
I dont know if he was only eligible for the 5/8 spot but Jamie Soward basically carried a injury ravaged Panthers to within a game of the grand final with Will Smith as his halves partner. JT is arguable but he was miles ahead of both Hunt and DCE this year.

Burgey

This GF is seriously Souths' to lose. I can't see Canterbury getting reasonably close unless Souths play like the Swans did last week, which is of course a possibility.

If the Bulldogs do jag the GF, they will be the worst side to win it since the Tigers in 05.

Spikey

what a heroic, brave effort this has been so far. This SportsBet guy has been on for hours

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
Not sure I have ever seen athletes react with such naked emotion as the Rabbitoh players at the end of this game. Remarkable.

dermo

hows james graham copping two of the biggest head clashes you'll see and not batting an eyelid, the blokes a maniac

Spikey

hows james graham copping two of the biggest head clashes you'll see and not batting an eyelid, the blokes a maniac
i had a "BAH GOD THAT'S JAMES GRAHAM'S MUSIC" joke lined up if they somehow stole it

the big bambino

International Captain
Not sure I have ever seen athletes react with such naked emotion as the Rabbitoh players at the end of this game. Remarkable.
Souths are the code's most famous club. Few teams have its history and none have a story that is as dramatic. The game's most successful club yet went through the lows of being banished from the comp and failing to make, let alone win a grand final for 43 years. A lot of people hate Rusty Crowe. I love him. He's a story teller and Souths have a story to tell. Made a bunch of young mercenaries (and that's what the bulk of footy players are now) believe in something other than their contract. I remember seeing Souths last GF win when McCarthy scored the match winner and made an anxious young boy thinking we'd lose very happy. Almost as happy as now. 43 years...At bloody last.

Also big up Madge Maguire. Was so happy that myth Bennett snubbed us. Made Souths search for a bloke who had ambition rather than one trading on his reputation. Biggest lie in league is that Bennett makes players. With the cattle Bennett has had its the players who made him. Anyway Bennett **** off. Souths didn't need you.