• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* NRL 2014

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Absolutely pathetic performance by the Broncos tonight with no intensity at all in the first half.

As for the rest of the finals, that was a huge performance from Penrith and I'm not trying to take anything way from them as I like the team (and want them to make the final and even win this thing unless they play against the Cows) but I think the 3 best teams in the comp are all on the same side of the draw now.

Ausage

Cricketer Of The Year
As for the rest of the finals, that was a huge performance from Penrith and I'm not trying to take anything way from them as I like the team (and want them to make the final and even win this thing unless they play against the Cows) but I think the 3 best teams in the comp are all on the same side of the draw now.
Not that I disagree, but people have been saying stuff like that all season and we just keep winning. I could see people saying it even if we end up winning the whole thing.

Massive dilemma for me though. I'm going overseas in two weeks and am going to miss the GF. Booked it mid season when a GF finish was merely a pipe dream but now it's looking like it could be incredibly bad timing.

dermo

International Vice-Captain
i like the panthers as much as the next guy but tbf the two best teams in the comp, manly and the roosters, are both playing well below what they're capable of.

if souths can't win it this year they never will

ftr i'd love to see penrith or the cowboys win it but i'm not sure it'll happen

uvelocity

International Coach
Not that I disagree, but people have been saying stuff like that all season and we just keep winning. I could see people saying it even if we end up winning the whole thing.

Massive dilemma for me though. I'm going overseas in two weeks and am going to miss the GF. Booked it mid season when a GF finish was merely a pipe dream but now it's looking like it could be incredibly bad timing.
will make sure i say this if it happens

rooters butthurt has been glorious

howardj

International Coach
Seven weeks for Sims, and just one week for Watmough and none for Lyon

The Cowboys stitch up has started already...

Stand by for Instalment Two on Friday night...maybe a try awarded on the ninth tackle this time

Ausage

Cricketer Of The Year
Wow what an ending.

Funny, people will focus on the final no try but the forward pass and sbw knock just before the field goal were the real poor decisions.

****ty way for the cows to go out though.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
NswRL got their wish, all Sydney GF.

Agree that SBW allowing to play the ball, was the worst call. I don't actually blame the video ref for not overturning the JT no-try.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Wow what an ending.

Funny, people will focus on the final no try but the forward pass and sbw knock just before the field goal were the real poor decisions.

****ty way for the cows to go out though.
Yep

If SBW's losing of the ball is pulled up then the Cowboys have good field position

dermo

its the way the game is reffed these days and its a ****ing joke, the rule is not there for that kind of scenario

wtf happened to ball security? there's no responsibility put on the ball carrier to hang on to the ****ing ball anymore

and ffs does anyone legitimately think a player is trying to strip the ball from the opposing player in full view of the refs with 7 minutes on the clock and scores level in a semi final? its ****ing madness

what a champion thurston is though, in my eyes he's the best ball player in the world in either code

Ausage

Cricketer Of The Year
They make mistakes like that week in week out though. As long as the stripping rule is adjudicated in real time they'll continue to get it wrong at times.

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
The knock on call was correct, it traveled forward from his hand But **** me some of the other stuff was awful. How did SBW get that penalty? Such a weird game. I honestly wish they'd get rid of the video ref, it's made the referees spineless.

As a Roosters fan I'm ashamed of that game - we should be out of the comp right now. Can't defend a 30 point lead ffs.

dermo

they need to get rid of the grey areas that are left to referee interpretation, it's a simple game and should be reffed as such

the powers that be have this fixation with the speed of the game and seem to have come to the conclusion that the faster the game the better and the only way to achieve this optimum speed is to penalise the **** out of everyone until they start playing as such

the fans want to see the players play, not watch the refs blow a penalty every 5 minutes, let the game flow and the players decide the outcome and the quality will always be high

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Agree with you in principle, but teams are so good at cynically holding the game up (led by the team I follow) that I can understand why there would be a push from ref HQ to be more interventionist.