• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* NRL 2013 Season thread

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
There's some awful teams running around this year but parra tonight took it to a whole new level

Burgey

Can cop my side getting beaten in any sport if they have a go. Half that side weren't trying ffs. Worst thing in sport. Despise it.

uvelocity

International Coach
:lol:

yeah sandows effort in particular was disgraceful. defending him on the wing a big cop out which wouldnt do anything for his own confidence or the others' in him i'd have thought.

Burgey

Hopes not really raised with the first round, given they were playing the equally hapless water buffalos from across the Tasman. As I said, it's just them not having a go that rankles. When they lost to the Belmore Mange they at least had a dip. But not last night.

FMD Williams didn't even play the ball in the entire first half. Embarrassing.

Simon

I know the Eels were utter poo, but how good were the Roosters? Can they tough it out against the better teams? Two consecutive games keeping the opposition to nil is a fair effort against anyone, I think they are top 4 potential but I'm not convinced with Maloney/Pearce/Friend in a clutch match.

Burgey

Yeah, of those three I rate Maloney probably the best tbh. Pearce is solid but you see in Origin with that turd missed tackle on Thurston in the decider that he's really a dud when it matters. Friend is an unknown quantity.

Burgey

He didnt have a go really, but tbf he was playing behind a pack which didn't have a go either.

dermo

International Vice-Captain
Anasta to 7 this weekend Miller to NSW cup, not sure about this one, Anasta is hardly an attacking wizard but it allows Bodene Thompson to come into 2nd row giving us more size in the back row which is a plus. having said that we have almost no chance of beating melbourne in melbourne so they could play any **** at 7 and it wont really make much difference

dermo

International Vice-Captain
gonna choke slam some **** over this. get sirro in there man drop anasta too
reckon hes got one game to see how he goes then **** him off. Sirro is a gun but hes gotta be playing 13 not 6. for 2 reasons:

1) benji isnt a 7
2) the ****s massive and therefore hes a slow **** particularly with his lateral movements, leaves him open to being burned on the outside by ****s like barba and slater when the opposition run the good old blocker out the back to a fast ****.

if anasta is a **** 7, which is highly likely, piss him off to the bench, preferably nsw cup but i highly doubt that will happen. then put blair at 11, Sirro at 13, Moltzen at 7 and Tedesco at 1.

uvelocity

International Coach
yeah but moltzens **** too. havent seen curtis this year, but his pace was good enough last year. i know he will end up 13 eventually but lets try to win this year first. so but put b00nji at 7. he could play a director rather than virtuoso role if he chose to. time to do it ****.

Ausage

Cricketer Of The Year
Benji isn't a 7. I know he's not as quick as he once was but he's still better getting the ball later in the play and he's not a great organizer. Tigers have needed a real 7 for a long time now. The best you've looked in the last 5 years has been with Lui, Moltzen hasn't worked and I doubt Anasta will either. I would have stuck with Miller personally. He's raw but he has potential, and it's not like any of the other options are burning the house down.

Burgey

You ****s should stop bitching about half back woes. We haven't had a decent number seven since Sterlo ffs.

Burgey

He did, then they tried to make him something he wasn't. There's a reason good glad backs are so expensive, I suppose