• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* NRL 2013 Season thread

howardj

International Coach
So pissed when they announced, at the ground last night, that Hodges was not playing

Would not have bought tickets if I had known

It reduced our chances from 10% to zip

On reflection, I bet he was never in the frame, but they named him anyway

Ausage

Cricketer Of The Year
lol if anyone thinks the gap between AFL and NRL will decrease.
So the second year 30% drop in the battle of the bridge (:lol: what an amazingly stupid nams) is a continued widening is it?

I'd say at least one of the Reynolds will be getting a go in blue this year if Carneys injury is half as bad as it sounds.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
You would think so wouldnt you but Daley has his favourites though.

I personally can't wait to see Pearce, Creagh, Gidley and Scott named in the 17.

My NSW team would be:
1. B Stewart
2. M Gordon
3. M Jennings
4. J Morris
5. A Uate
6. J Reynolds
7. A Reynolds
8. T Grant
9. R Farah
10. J Tamou
11. G Bird
12. W Graham
13. P Gallen

14. R Hinchcliffe
15. T Merrin
16. A Woods
17. A Watmough

18. A Fifita

uvelocity

International Coach
not a bad side there noofer. but id sub jennings out due to his **** defence, but not really sure who i'd replace him with. also a lack of cover for backline injuries.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Yeah Hinchcliffe was the last player I added. Someone like Luke Lewis or Tony Williams (if he gets back to his best) could be okay on the bench as he could slot into the centres if need be. With the team I picked, although not ideal Bird or Graham would have to shift to the backline.

I don't think Jennings defence is that bad, I'm confident he will get a centre spot, the next best option who make themselves available would probably be Lawrence, after that its someone like Croker.

Winger was a hard spot too, I wanted to include Merritt and BMoz will be close too.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Lol, every year blokes pick their NSW origin side and leave Hayne out of it. He should be second bloke picked behind Peptide Gallen. And he should play fullback. If the **** was playing reserve grade he should still get picked for Origin.

Ausage

Cricketer Of The Year
No way should Merritt be anywhere near a blue jumper. Qld won't let him fall over the line like NRL teams do. I'd have Hayne over Uate, hard to see Lewis not getting a run either given his solid performances at this level.

uvelocity

International Coach
Lol, every year blokes pick their NSW origin side and leave Hayne out of it. He should be second bloke picked behind Peptide Gallen. And he should play fullback. If the **** was playing reserve grade he should still get picked for Origin.
but hes a **** **** burgey nobody likes him!

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
I don't rate Haynes defensive positioning, think QLD can exploit his at times poor positional play with a strong kicking game from the likes of Thurston, Cronk and Smith. He is another option though as my number 14, the only spot I personally would consider Hayne.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
No way should Merritt be anywhere near a blue jumper. Qld won't let him fall over the line like NRL teams do. I'd have Hayne over Uate, hard to see Lewis not getting a run either given his solid performances at this level.
Reynolds - Merritt kicking combo helps him get close. Qld will most likely play Tate and Boyd on the wing so he won't be up against a huge monster that he can't handle. Merritts ability to cross the chalk makes him close to the team IMO.

I'm a big Lewis fan but feel as though he is finding his feet a little at Cronulla and the fact that NSW have lost 7 straight means a bloke who's performed solidly doesn't have a complete mortgage on a spot. I listed him close to the 17 so if his form improves or injuries occur he'll be amongst it.

Ausage

Cricketer Of The Year
Reynolds - Merritt kicking combo helps him get close. Qld will most likely play Tate and Boyd on the wing so he won't be up against a huge monster that he can't handle. Merritts ability to cross the chalk makes him close to the team IMO.

I'm a big Lewis fan but feel as though he is finding his feet a little at Cronulla and the fact that NSW have lost 7 straight means a bloke who's performed solidly doesn't have a complete mortgage on a spot. I listed him close to the 17 so if his form improves or injuries occur he'll be amongst it.
Merritt is the kind of guy that thrives off breaks that don't come around as often at Origin level. He'd have to be one of the best support wingers in the last decade, but his defense is hugely suspect, and he doesn't have the ability to create something that any of the other options do. People often cite other terrible NSW selection that Merritt would be better than (Quinn, Turner) but two **** selections don't make a good one.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Being a good support winger in tight low scoring battles could enable NSW to actually score enough points to trouble QLD.

Merritt for mine is not a poor winger at defusing tries from kicks, its just at times he comes in from his wing but its not as though that's a regular event.

Nice to have a bit of a discussion about the comps leading try scorer but you'll find he didn't end up finding a spot in my 17.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
You would think so wouldnt you but Daley has his favourites though.

I personally can't wait to see Pearce, Creagh, Gidley and Scott named in the 17.

My NSW team would be:
1. B Stewart
2. M Gordon
3. M Jennings
4. J Morris
5. A Uate
6. J Reynolds
7. A Reynolds
8. T Grant
9. R Farah
10. J Tamou
11. G Bird
12. W Graham
13. P Gallen

14. R Hinchcliffe
15. T Merrin
16. A Woods
17. A Watmough

18. A Fifita
Edit: Forgot about Ryan Hoffman. Graham shifts to the bench. Hinchcliffe 18th man.