• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* NRL 2013 Season thread

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Thats a ****ing ridiculous penalty.
It's Billy Slater though, you can't touch Billy! Unless you're soaring for a high ball, stick your front knee out, and smash him in the jaw that is. That's legal.

Was great to see the 4th QLD team knocked out last night.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
he will be there next week noofers we will have a look then. just bothering me i cant remember who it is

yeah agree about gagai, he is playing ****ing awesome. leilua was disappointing how he got into the young bloke with the broken jaw. grubby move there. also agree about bench captain, probably the most overrated player in the last 10 years.

best thing to come out of that game is that it cant be melbourne-manly gf. carn bunnies chooks
Was it assistant coach Rick Stone? I found it hard to not just watch Bennett whenever the camera went on the Knights coaching staff.

I'm going to the GF but don't really mind who makes it. If Roosters are in the final, either opponent will be a grudge match for them, Manly vs Knights will be a replay of one of the best finals ever. I guess Bunnies vs Knights have the least rivalry but I would still like this match as Souths haven't won in ****ing ages and I like Bennett and think it would be good if Buderus leaves on a high and they win without the overrated Kidley.

Ausage

Cricketer Of The Year
Interesting to see noted wharfie Blake Ferguson will likely be classing up Bondi in 2014. Guessing this means SBH will be on his bike?

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Rabbits just said what I came in here to say. You have to feel sorry for McGuire, it would have to be the most sad day in his life.

Well done Manly, played very well.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
**** skills (e.g. defence for both Lyon and Williams tries was a joke and what player above U 11s lets a bomb bounce) and inconsistent refereeing - no wonder the game is dying

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
I picked Souths because I figured Manly would be rooted but the difference in quality between the three-quarter line between the two teams was massive in terms of quality and experience so it wasn't a surprise to see Manly get ahead thanks to tries from Lyon and Williams, that try from the Wolfman was sensational. I don't hate Manly as much as other people do, but I'm pretty sure I'll be going for the winner of the second semi to win the GF.

The game is not dying either.

dermo

International Vice-Captain
I hate Manly as a club but what a ****ing team they are, Adam Reynolds what an over rated **** he is, the difference between he and Cherry Evans was massive tonight. As n00fers said the difference was in the outside backs, Walker and Farrell have some talent but are not in the class of Lyon etc. Goodwin is just an all round **** player and tbh it would be an indictment on the game if he was to even play in a premiership let alone win one, and Merritt really just doesn't have enough size to be the sort of threat Taufua is.

Manly really showed what a class team they are, and if you can match Souths in the forwards or even dominate them like they did tonight they really don't have the backs apart from Inglis obvs to put any pressure on you. Reynolds and Sutton just aren't good enough either to create the sort of opportunities that DCE and Foran can.

The Stewarts were massive to, that first try was incredible, Manly are such a better team with the Fiddler at the back as good as Hiku has been for them.

Their fans, coaching staff and board members might all be monumental ****s but they are a ****ing quality side.

dermo

International Vice-Captain
how the **** wasn't that g. burgess try given?
nah **** idgaf if they gave one similar to it last week neither shouldve been given, he clearly dropped it even if he had a bee's dick of pressure on the **** it still shouldnt be a try.