• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* NRL 2013 Season thread

Backlash

School Boy/Girl Captain
Storm wobbling a bit again at State of Origin time like last year. I wonder if they'll be able to regroup and make another good assault at the finals again.

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Storm wobbling a bit again at State of Origin time like last year. I wonder if they'll be able to regroup and make another good assault at the finals again.
Melbourne are always gonna be hurt more at SOO time as they rely so much on Smith, Slater and Cronk. I don't think them regrouping will be much of a problem.

Backlash

School Boy/Girl Captain
Melbourne are always gonna be hurt more at SOO time as they rely so much on Smith, Slater and Cronk. I don't think them regrouping will be much of a problem.
I don't know, there's a lot of miles on those 6 legs now. It's going to take some effort to reach the top again.

Ausage

Cricketer Of The Year
I tend to agree, but I've felt the same way in the past. Surely there will come a point where the big 3 can't carry them and with Widdop out that time might be now.

James

Cricket Web Owner
Well done QLD, thank goodness it wasn't decided on that knock-out that they decided to not re-show in the tv coverage....

Ausage

Cricketer Of The Year
I've seen plenty of ****ty halfback performances from NSWelshmen but tonights effort from Pearce was by some distance the worst.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Mitchell Pearce is the Steve Finn of Origin, without the occasional bursts of success.

It's now at the point where Qld aren't winning these games, NSW is losing them. A moderately competent half back sees them win that game comfortably. You could just hear in Sterlo's voice he wanted to tip a bucket of **** on Pearce but he's just too nice a bloke to do it.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
I don't know my league as well as you blokes but NSW just seemed like they were a man down every time they attacked.

How the **** they didn't get a try on the board in the last 10 of the first half is beyond me as well.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Tbf to Pearce, he is just carrying on the family business of unwarranted selections in rep teams

I also thought Farah was pretty ordinary so it's hard for a team to win when the 2 guys that handle the ball as much as anyone aren't playing well

Ausage

Cricketer Of The Year
Tbf to Pearce, he is just carrying on the family business of unwarranted selections in rep teams

I also thought Farah was pretty ordinary so it's hard for a team to win when the 2 guys that handle the ball as much as anyone aren't playing well
Farah was mixed. He made some stupid decisions in attack but that was (imo) mostly due to being the only remotely creative player in NSW spine.

Along with Watmough he really got NSW moving forward in the first half. He's by a long way our best hooking option but he shouldn't have to be the hooker and halfback. He's not cut out for it and he shouldn't have to be.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Farah was mixed. He made some stupid decisions in attack but that was (imo) mostly due to being the only remotely creative player in NSW spine.

Along with Watmough he really got NSW moving forward in the first half. He's by a long way our best hooking option but he shouldn't have to be the hooker and halfback. He's not cut out for it and he shouldn't have to be.
I don't watch anywhere near as much NRL as I used to (maybe 10 club games, 20 more whilst flicking between channels and most of the SOO and finals series) but NSW really seem up against it

If Smith and Thurston had been playing for the Blues, I reckon they'd have scored another 20 points

Not good news when you have lost 8 series in a row