• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* NRL 2012 Season thread

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!

(in case of a broken image i will note that a picture of lachlan coote jumping for joy was posted here)

Last edited:

uvelocity

International Coach
yeah but you have massive salary cap problems and you already have a fullback who is younger

maybe jennings will kill it in origin and someone will buy his contract out - you could buy lote

Last edited:

Ausage

Cricketer Of The Year
yeah but you have massive salary cap problems and you already have a fullback who is younger

maybe jennings will kill it in origin and someone will buy his contract out - you could buy lote
We have such massive problems that we resigned Luke Walsh and Crab Tighe. Not to mention Galea, Tia Kilifi, Daniela, Ciraldo, Newton probably a few more I've forgotten about. Signing nuffies and losing your best player is just **** house management, Gould being a celebrity doens't change that.

As for Coote I do like him, but he's not a patch on Gordon.

Michael Gordon - 2010 - Try Highlights - YouTube (first 5 minutes is the kind of stuff Coote produces. From 5.00 onwards there's things Coote will never be capable of)
Michael Gordon - 2011 - Highlights - YouTube (that was only something like 8 games before he got injured)

Those are just highlights too, the best part about him is his consistency, I can think of only a couple of bad games in his 5 years at Penrith. Said it before and I'll say it again, only fullback in the comp I'd have over Flash is Slater and maybe an 08 model Brett Stewart.

uvelocity

International Coach
You can't play footy with just 4 players. none of those guys bar Walsh would be on much surely? I know what you mean Gordon is a good player, but I don't think you can have both really and they picked one.

Some nice tries in those vids for sure. Get a couple of props penrith.

Simpkins used to play cricket at pbc

Ausage

Cricketer Of The Year
You can't play footy with just 4 players. none of those guys bar Walsh would be on much surely? I know what you mean Gordon is a good player, but I don't think you can have both really and they picked one.

Some nice tries in those vids for sure. Get a couple of props penrith.

Simpkins used to play cricket at pbc
We just have to leave one of them alone and we have enough money to keep him.

I guess I'm just bitter because I think we picked the wrong one. Like I said I don't mind Coote, but I don't see him as anything special in a Fullback. In an era where we have fullbacks like Slater, Stewart, Hayne, Dugan, Bowen and others we actually had a guy that belongs in that crowd. Coote is like a better version of William Zillman.

We have some good players coming through. I don't really think we need a big name prop actually. Grant, McKendry and Weston are good players. A damaging back rower, center and halfback are priorities. It's just not likely Gordon's money will be put to good use until 2014.

Thought Simpkins was a Gold Coast boy. Seems to be a hard worker but he doesn't have a big frame.

Spikey

i'm blaming the selection of ben creagh for tariq sims' broken leg . what a ****ing ****

Burgey

i'm blaming the selection of ben creagh for tariq sims' broken leg . what a ****ing ****
Yeah you can. Came on here to say he should have been playing Wednesday, not tonight. Poor bugger. Horrible luck.

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
We just have to leave one of them alone and we have enough money to keep him.

I guess I'm just bitter because I think we picked the wrong one. Like I said I don't mind Coote, but I don't see him as anything special in a Fullback. In an era where we have fullbacks like Slater, Stewart, Hayne, Dugan, Bowen and others we actually had a guy that belongs in that crowd. Coote is like a better version of William Zillman.

We have some good players coming through. I don't really think we need a big name prop actually. Grant, McKendry and Weston are good players. A damaging back rower, center and halfback are priorities. It's just not likely Gordon's money will be put to good use until 2014.

Thought Simpkins was a Gold Coast boy. Seems to be a hard worker but he doesn't have a big frame.
Michael Gordon's a Tweed boy originally I think (actually I just checked and apparently he went to my school, but a long time after I finished).

Furball

Evil Scotsman
I can't believe the didn't pick Sims. They finally recognise there is only a handful of players in NSW with the talent to get close to the Queensland side and pick Hayne and Jennings purely on talent. But don't pick Sims over Creagh.

Would prefer an extra front rower in TLL over Burher.

I'm sure we will still lose, but at least we are not going to lose trying to defend for 80 minutes.
Post more.

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
S-word, c-word or f-word? Help us out here...
They were doing this segment on the show where players (and now it looks like hosts) try to pass a football through a cardboard wall with a hole and the further away from the hole the less points they get. Anyway...he wasn't getting balls fast enough and he said ****en Hell! (F word)

uvelocity

International Coach
there would be a few who got 5. I put a bet on my tips every week but the odds were so short im now only up about $6 after that win