• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** NRL 2010 thread

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Sorry, got the new Rugby League Live game, so haven't been near the computer for about a week.

Remaining finals games this week:

Tigers
Raiders
Dragons

Mister Wright

Also this thread needs more footy talk.

Kyle how does a leagueless September feel for the first time in 18 odd years? Morgieb did you catch the Souths/Panthers game the other week? Thought you did well to keep us under 100 tbh. Burgey, Hayne is an overrated showboating queen. Ripper League > rah rah x100. Craig who are you going to support after the Storm fold? If DCYE is floating around I just have to let him know that Freddy Fitler signed up as a Panthers ticketed member btw. Also the chooks have been sprinkled with secret herbs and spices for the coming weeks. Will be tasty.

Alternative gets off because I don't know who he supports :p

Feast.
Disappointing, but we didn't deserve to be in the finals. It will be a nice consolation if the Sea Eagles and Roosters are knocked out in the first week and then Penrith and Warriors 2nd week and then Dragons and Tigers 3rd week and we can have a Titans v Canberra final.

Mister Wright

Presumably this means the game is pretty good? Haven't heard great things tbh.

It's by far no means perfect, but still good enough. The online play is the best aspect of the game and is a real challenge.

Negatives:

No franchise mode (this really is a big downfall of the game)
Team Editing (You can create new teams, but you can't edit existing teams)
Skill Level (Easy is far too easy, and medium is just that little bit too hard, however it is still a challenge. I haven't even tried hard yet).

Positives:

Game Play (The game play is very realistic and is by far the best feature of the game)
Graphics (The graphics are fantastic, the stadiums very much real like and the players actually look like the players)
On Line Play (Fun, fun, fun!)

Overall it's not the complete package that would make it on par with the FIFAs and EAs, however it has enough re-play value and the online aspect is well worth what you pay for it. However, once there is no players online to play, you're going to need to get good at playing the game.

Craig

World Traveller
I want the Tigers to get up in this one, partly because one of my future housemates is a hardcore Tigers fan. Hell, I would be tempted to pay for a big Parramatta fan like Burgey to get on the turps with this guy, would be a classic.

Craig

World Traveller
What a ****ing game between the Tigers and the Roosters. Anybody who says rugby league is boring is a ****** of the highest order.

Dydl

International Debutant
What a game. Amazing field goal under enormous pressure by Anasta. Absolute heartbreak for the Tigers.

Mister Wright

Warriors gone now unless I've miscounted?
Yep, Warriors dead and buried. The Tigers will also be hoping that the Sea Eagles don't pull an upset also. Titans guaranteed the week off, and if Sea Eagles win the Roosters will get the week off also which is just crazy!

Ausage

Cricketer Of The Year
Canberra are all over Penrith ATM. Expecting/hoping an epic Ausage rant should Canberra get up :ph34r:
I want to. I've hit the sauce reasonably hard tonight. JUST have my dignity tonight but from the stands with black glasses it looked like the refs robbed us blind. Raiders tries came from knock ons and dodgy penalties and they had 12-14 meters all night.. We got given nothing but the skinniest 10 I've seen in a long time.

Hard to tell in the stands tbf. Still cursing the filthy mange for losing to Manly last week and giving us one of the form teams in the comp. Still think we'll get over the Roosters next week though. That might be it for us though :(.

Craig

World Traveller
If Manly win, then the Tigers go out :blink:

Am I right in thinking that it will be the Titans in having a week off, and if so, I wonder if they would move the match to Skilled.

Julian87

State Captain
I want to. I've hit the sauce reasonably hard tonight. JUST have my dignity tonight but from the stands with black glasses it looked like the refs robbed us blind. Raiders tries came from knock ons and dodgy penalties and they had 12-14 meters all night.. We got given nothing but the skinniest 10 I've seen in a long time.

Hard to tell in the stands tbf. Still cursing the filthy mange for losing to Manly last week and giving us one of the form teams in the comp. Still think we'll get over the Roosters next week though. That might be it for us though :(.
Canberra were clearly the better team. And if the important calls were in anyone's favour it was Penrith's. Penrith just had no match for the best front row in the league. Penrith won't win a finals game. You're not going anywhere in this comp without a star in the halves, especially if your pack is ordinary, which yours is without Civ or Grant and Waterhouse.

Roosters will blitz the mountain men by 13+ next week. Wouldn't surprise me to see an absolute floggin tbh. Voss is right when he says Penrith;s 'return to form' over the past month has been an absolute myth.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
If Manly win, then the Tigers go out :blink:

Am I right in thinking that it will be the Titans in having a week off, and if so, I wonder if they would move the match to Skilled.
From here on in it's home region grounds, so the Titans get Sandcorp.