• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** NRL 2010 thread

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Yeh maybe, even without Lockyer I'd still back us to finish above Sharks, Roosters, Warriors and Cowboys. Wallace has generally played his best for us when Locky hasnt been there, also by all reports Tim Smith has been training the house down in the pre season.
Sharks on paper don't look too bad this season. But yeah I would be pretty disappointed if Broncos don't finish ahead of them.

Also, I definitely think the Broncos pack is underrated.

Ausage

Cricketer Of The Year
I wouldn't consider Gav Cooper deadwood, I thought he went quite well last year actually. Definitely a handy option on the bench.
He goes ok in the backrow. He was played at center way too often though and he's ordinary at best there. He should be played in the backrow or not at all, and there are much better options for us there. Decent depth I guess, and I'd have him in the team before Smith and Paulo.

He can kick goals though (sorta) :ph34r:

Julian87

State Captain
Scott Anderson should be a good signing. I was disappointed when he left Melbourne.
He's going from a rotation of props including Jeff Lima, Brett White, Aiden Tolman, Adam Blair and at times Sika Manu into starting prop with Nick Kenny and SFA else.

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Josh McGuire is probably one or two years away from peaking, but I think he's a future Queensland prop. Hopefully Anderson steps up for us the way Hannant did when he went there.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Reckon Orford lost could be a blessing, Hodgkinson is quality. Reckon they will start him or Foran off the bench and he will be starting by the end of season with Foran at 5/8. Lyon will get a run first. It will take something special to repeat the effects of the last couple seasons, so this will be a rebuilding season. Reckon we will finish 6-10. Hopefully Will Hopoate gets a run this season as well and Tony Williams gets a shot in the forwards.

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
Reckon Orford lost could be a blessing, Hodgkinson is quality. Reckon they will start him or Foran off the bench and he will be starting by the end of season with Foran at 5/8. Lyon will get a run first. It will take something special to repeat the effects of the last couple seasons, so this will be a rebuilding season. Reckon we will finish 6-10. Hopefully Will Hopoate gets a run this season as well and Tony Williams gets a shot in the forwards.
Hoppa should get the fullback gig once Stewart is Sacked ;)

Simon

Maybe in the long run losing Orford now will be a blessing but I think this season could be a bit tougher, I just dont see enough natural leaders on the park.

Julian87

State Captain
If Manly get Mason they'll be similar to where they have been. if they don't they'll struggle big time.

Simon

The latest is he isn't going to Manly. I still maintain in the right environment he's the most destructive forward in the game, sure he's a knob but so are half the players in the nrl.

Ausage

Cricketer Of The Year
Too risky for how much cap space he eats up imo. Reckon he hasn't ever really recovered from his knee injury either.

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Am looking forward to watching a few more games this season. Caught a few last year, but don't have to travel to my girlfriend's city on the weekends this year as we're in the same place. Have the Australia Network hooked up and ready to go. Disappointingly, I'll miss the State of Origin series this year as my school hours will be 3-10pm. Will hopefully catch a replay online or something.

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
Well the 1st Trials start this weekend... Getting closer and closer...

The Broncos have a win over the Tigers already stealing one of our Gun juniors...

Jordan Kahu was signed to the Tigers through Keebra Park, however didnt want to relocate from Brisbane and the Broncos come sniffing.. with his Tigers deal only have 1 more season the Tigers have given up on him and allowed him to join the Broncos as it was clear he didnt want to move to Sydney and no point wasting more resources on him if he was going to up and leave after the 1 year...

Mark him down as a future star though. IMO he WILL be the broncos future Fullback.. He is CLASS...

Looking forward to the All Star game next weekend.. Tried getting Tix to fly up and go but they are all sold out and Ebay are way overpriced...

Simon

Broncos back line spots are going to be hard to get, Yow Yeh, Folau and Winterstein are all gun while Hoffman, Beale and to a lesser extent Kemp have good futures. Good thing is they are all under 23.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
See Tuqiri's heading back to the NRL with Wests (BBC).

Good signing? Has been decent value for Leicester, even if he's not scored too many tries. His support play was exceptional. Imagine he eats up a fair portion of the cap tho.