• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** NRL 2009 Thread

pinchy81

International Vice-Captain
Wasnt the cringefest I thought it would be but still a shocker. Sharks fans still shouldnt be carried away, they still only scored 2 tries.
Who cares how many tries we scored, all I care about is that we got a W on the board

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Conditions helped them a lot against the Broncos, who have yet to show great ability in the wet.

Re: Origin, NSW's side is very good, and it should be a good contest. I think the QLD players are obliged to make comments even if they don't want to, to promote the game in Melbourne.
Would have thought that if that was the purpose of them coming out and speaking, then they'd be pumping up how close a game it will be rather than how nervous and shaky all the debutants will be.

luffy

International Captain
Now, Gallen, leave the NRL.

Please?

Bet $20, he'll be one of those unusual players that never seem to leave.

James90

Cricketer Of The Year
Shaking in my boots about Origin. Partly because the NSW team looks good and secondly because I'm tipping below 50% this year and am backing Qld.

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
The ultimate irony was Hodges waxing lyrical about debutants feeling nervous.

Still, he's in a good position to comment I guess.
:laugh:

Yeah it said in the Telegraph that he said he didn't want to talk about it when it was pointed out that he should know what it's like to be nervous in your first game. They didn't say whether the reporter who was interviewing him ended up covered in spittle and holding an umbrella though.

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Will do up tipping results for last 2 rounds tomorrow evening. Apologies for the delay, but have been sick/busy/sick since last monday and cbf.

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Raiders win pretty convincingly.

Me and Simon the only 2 people to tip them correctly.
They have looked like the Raiders of 08 in the last 2 weeks. Good signs for them, with 2 wins in the last 2 games and with the bye next week followed by the Sharks at home they are a good chance of getting another 4 points in the coming weeks, gets them right back into top 8 calculations.

luffy

International Captain
And you said they had no chance. :)

But really, no one was giving them a chance before the game against the Warriors.

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Looking forward to the game tonight. Tipping Queensland 1-12 obviously. Golden Point anyone?

Ausage

Cricketer Of The Year
FTR, I'm tipping NSW by 2, early missed conversion costing QLD.
Reckon goalkicking is our weakness, not QLDs.

26-20 NSW. Jennings with a double, including sidestepping Hodges for a try in the last 5 minutes.

howardj

International Coach
The three Partners at our firm are down there for the match today.

If you're reading this....well, I'm bludging too.

Qld by 30.

Can't wait to drive home from work listening to Thunderstruck.