• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** NRL 2009 Thread

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Wasnt the cringefest I thought it would be but still a shocker. Sharks fans still shouldnt be carried away, they still only scored 2 tries.

Burgey

Glad I missed that Parra Sharks game.

Was a bludger from all reports.
Look mate, the conditions were appalling, and we had Robson at half back. Also, our best game plan of the past few weeks, namely "throw it to Jaryd FFS", wasn't availabel to us.

Fair to say Mortimer eased his way into his debut also, but seriously, Robson is gash. What about young Kelly in the NYC? Couldn't be any worse than Robson surely?

Simon

Kelly is an interesting one, word is once Kelly has officially signed to go to melbourne for 2010 then Parramatta will select him. Cause he is outside the 25 his match payments for this season would be part of next years cap and if he goes to Melbourne then they have to pick up the tab. If he decideds to re-sign with the Eels then I dont think we will see him in 09.

howardj

International Coach
Two more sleeps.

One more if you're Michael Jennings, as Tuesday night will a fearful, sleepness one.

Teehee

Burgey

Nah.

First time in ages I've heard Qld so vocal on the NSW side which has been picked. It's not often they'll come out and openly comment on new players and their weakneeses or nervousness. I'm a little surprised management have let them be so open, as it often comes back and bites teams on the arse when they say things like that.

It tells me either Qld are enormously confident, bordering on the complacent, or there is something about this particular combination from down South which they think poses more of a threat. I'm not sure which it is.

Anyway, from my POV, NSW are stronger now with Lewis and Laffranchi in than they were with Stewart and Gallen. And there's some real pace out wide. Should be a good game.

Burgey

The ultimate irony was Hodges waxing lyrical about debutants feeling nervous.

Still, he's in a good position to comment I guess.

Burgey

Kelly is an interesting one, word is once Kelly has officially signed to go to melbourne for 2010 then Parramatta will select him. Cause he is outside the 25 his match payments for this season would be part of next years cap and if he goes to Melbourne then they have to pick up the tab. If he decideds to re-sign with the Eels then I dont think we will see him in 09.
Great, send another good half back to a club already shedloads stronger than us.

Meanwhile, Nathan Cayless continues on his merry $400K per year way, making 12 hit ups for 64 metres gained per match.

Ausage

Cricketer Of The Year
I'm watching the Warriors game now, and the Tigers were average at best. I thought they were great against the Broncos without Farrah, but showing up every second week is an apt description of them.

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I'm watching the Warriors game now, and the Tigers were average at best. I thought they were great against the Broncos without Farrah, but showing up every second week is an apt description of them.
Conditions helped them a lot against the Broncos, who have yet to show great ability in the wet.

Re: Origin, NSW's side is very good, and it should be a good contest. I think the QLD players are obliged to make comments even if they don't want to, to promote the game in Melbourne.