• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** NRL 2009 Thread

luffy

International Captain
On the argument of the forward packs, i must say i'm with Simon.

Sure the Australian front row is getting old, but if they still do the job, why change it? Sure the NZ front row is big and young and electric, etc, they held their own against us, what once in the last 9 games we have played.

Much more need be said?

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Dragons
Knights
Broncos
Storm

Kangaroos to smash the Kiwis by at least 20 too. NFI about City or Country.

&, FTR, what's the definition of "country"? Does it mean from outside of Sydney/Newcastle/Wollongong or does the town a player hails from have a set population limit?

V much a yokel country boy myself, so instinctively favour them.

luffy

International Captain
Yeah, well, it's practically anyone that didn't grow up in Sydney and surrounding cities.

Canberra excluded, somehow.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Yeah, well, it's practically anyone that didn't grow up in Sydney and surrounding cities.

Canberra excluded, somehow.
So if you grow up in Canberra you're a city boy? Would make sense to me. Population of over 100k is comfortably a city in my book and Canberra must be three or four times that.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
It's actually based on whether you played your first senior game in a CRL (Country Rugby League) competition or in a district grade comp.

On a basic level though, it's Sydney metropolitan area and Canberra v the rest. Newcastle and most of the Illawarra counts as country.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
What a disaster for the NSWRL playing a match at the same time an International match is on.

Hacks like Pomeroy and O'Meley are playing in this "spectacle".

I'll watch the injury count and I guess the highlights of CVC after being at the Test Match. Anyone else going btw?

BoyBrumby

Englishman
It's actually based on whether you played your first senior game in a CRL (Country Rugby League) competition or in a district grade comp.

On a basic level though, it's Sydney metropolitan area and Canberra v the rest. Newcastle and most of the Illawarra counts as country.
You have to forgive my ignorance, but what constitutes "senior" for league in Oz?

& it seems madness Newcastle isn't regarded as a city. No wonder everyone outside of Sydney is a wee bit chippy towards it.