• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Official NRL 2006 Thread

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
yeh he had agreed to go to the titans but went back on his word cause nothing was ever signed...

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
NRL has said they will honour Turner's agreement to Titans. But, the Storm say it has nothing to do with the NRL.

In other news. Johns threatens to leave the country and the NRL bend over backwards to make sure he stays. Wish this kind of dedication to a player was being shown when Lote Tquiri was negotiating with Union. :@

Simon

its double standards for sure, their golden boy johns has a whinge and the gutless wonders at the NRL give in...

luffy

International Captain
Gold Coast Titans are scared that they might lose Brian Carney as there have been rumours going around that he is homesick and wants to go back to britain.

Simon

luffy said:
Gold Coast Titans are scared that they might lose Brian Carney as there have been rumours going around that he is homesick and wants to go back to britain.
id be surprised if he doesnt see out at least 1 year of his contract...

Craig

World Traveller
It is all paper talk, Carney has said he is going to see out his Titans contract according to managing director Michael Searle and has in fact come to the Coast to look for a house. Carney's old man is coming to visit him in September so it wouldn't be a bad thing (wouldn't Carney go back and visit his family during his end of season break anyway?).

Craig

World Traveller
Mister Wright said:
NRL has said they will honour Turner's agreement to Titans. But, the Storm say it has nothing to do with the NRL.

In other news. Johns threatens to leave the country and the NRL bend over backwards to make sure he stays. Wish this kind of dedication to a player was being shown when Lote Tquiri was negotiating with Union. :@
I want to know how much Johns ego has been boosted by this? Surely his apology was just an ego-boosting thing?

Dick Rockett

International Vice-Captain
Argh! For weeks I've sat on the sofa and faithfully watched the Brisbane Broncos play like utter turds, and tonight I miss them tearing the Bulldogs a new **** because my flatmates decided to tie up the telly watching chick flicks.

Bye all, it's been fun. I'm off to jump off a cliff.

Simon

BRONCOS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WOO HOO, what a great win, stuff the bulldogs injuries we smashed em. Bring on the finals...

Burpey

Cricketer Of The Year
Bulldogs were absolutely shocking, Broncos played decently. Rabbitohs would have beaten the Bulldogs tonight though. No speed off the line, injuries, general lack of intensity. Disappointed this didn't come a week earlier.

Simon

Bulldogs were never in the match, the injuries didnt help the Bulldogs but Brisbane turned up ready to play and Canterbury didnt.

Forget the score or anything like that Brisbane will have confidence and self belief now and we all know how dangerous we can be when we play with that famous touch of arogance. If we can keep up the intensity in defence and the attack continues to come together we can go far.

Hunt returns next week and Ennis will make a shock return in round 26. Perry had his best game in a Broncos jersey tonight so our play making stocks look good.

Simon

there talk Cooper Cronk could be in line to be the Australian Halfback for the tri-series. Personally i think Johnathon Thurston should be picked if hes fit, even if he doesnt play for the Cowboys again this season.

Its all starting to look good for Queensland in the halfback stakes, Thurston, Prince, Smith, Cronk and Brett McConnell will be in the frame in 2-3 years.

bugssy

Cricketer Of The Year
go the knights, what a good tough battle and to egt the 2 points up there is a good win, with or without joey. giddy up. and the knights into the top 4 for the moment.

what about the warriors beating the storm....well well top 2 teams beaten.....

Craig

World Traveller
Yeah and nearly 14,000 people turned up. Still it doesn't hurt to have a lose, at least they are not complacent.

Meanwhile Danny Buderus has pulled out of the Tri-Nations at the end of the year as he is about to become a father while a St George legend passed away on Friday.

Craig

World Traveller
I was impressed by Manly last night, looked like they could go very far and well done Matt Orford, especially considering his record of getting teams out of trouble or staying cool under the right amount of pressure he was on.

Nice punch on between the Storm and Raiders players.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Good result for Manly, although they're obviously the team with the most to play for. More or less nailed on for top 4 now.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Must be something in the air! Gallen & Timmins just had a square-go in the St George/Cronulla game. Gallen got a cheap shot in with Timmins on the floor, Timmins got the pen, tapped Gallen on the back of the head & Gallen came out swinging! Timmins probably a bit unlucky to get ten too. Local derby I guess.

St George really making heavy weather of it tho.

Burpey

Cricketer Of The Year
Terrible rugby league. I can't wait until we live in an age where all stadiums have retractable rooves.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
burkey_1988 said:
Terrible rugby league. I can't wait until we live in an age where all stadiums have retractable rooves.
It's pretty ordinary stuff, it must be said.

Naiqama totally fell asleep for Gallen's try.