• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Official NRL 2006 Thread

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
Na we are gone!!!

Looks like Farah is out today... I tipped us to win today because its Skando's last game at C'town, but i dont think we can beat the Dragons and im even scared of souths...

alternative

Cricket Web Content Updater
Sorry blewy, but something tells me that Raiders are gonna take it out.. but it is at campbelltown so tigers would be the obvious favourites..

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
raiders have a hait of losing when they should win, that said i think they have too much on line to lose today. If they win its a 4 point gap to 9th and they have the bye next week which will get them a guaranteed 28 points and a game against the hapless Sharks still to come. its not out of the question that they could finish as high as 3rd.

Craig

World Traveller
Lol the Cowboys really have imploded big time, with their 26-0 hiding from the Warriors as well as Luke O'Donnell was sent off and will get a few weeks. Personally I think they are just being big sooks for complaining about training hard for three hours a day, and looking for an excuse because they are not playing well. I could name a few sports where athletes train harder and for longer and don't whinge.

Anyway I have just got back from the Broncos - Storm game, and whilst I'm glad Melbourne won, Brisbane IMO were the better team who just didn't take all of their chances for whatever reason, which Melbourne did. Certaintly in the first half Brisbane dominated Melbourne in all facets and I thought Brisbane would win, but I was impressed with their effort. If they keep playing like that and take their chances then a win can't be too far away.

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Craig said:
Lol the Cowboys really have imploded big time, with their 26-0 hiding from the Warriors as well as Luke O'Donnell was sent off and will get a few weeks. Personally I think they are just being big sooks for complaining about training hard for three hours a day, and looking for an excuse because they are not playing well. I could name a few sports where athletes train harder and for longer and don't whinge.

Anyway I have just got back from the Broncos - Storm game, and whilst I'm glad Melbourne won, Brisbane IMO were the better team who just didn't take all of their chances for whatever reason, which Melbourne did. Certaintly in the first half Brisbane dominated Melbourne in all facets and I thought Brisbane would win, but I was impressed with their effort. If they keep playing like that and take their chances then a win can't be too far away.
I only watched the first 40 minutes, but I was very impressed by what I saw. I've been calling for Hodges to move to fullback ever since Hunt got injured, and he was great in that position. Our last tackle options were fairly ordinary when Perry had the ball in his hands, don't know what everyone sees in that guy. Our defence was much better. While we may not have got the win, we have gone a long way to getting one.

Dick Rockett

International Vice-Captain
Mister Wright said:
I only watched the first 40 minutes, but I was very impressed by what I saw. I've been calling for Hodges to move to fullback ever since Hunt got injured, and he was great in that position. Our last tackle options were fairly ordinary when Perry had the ball in his hands, don't know what everyone sees in that guy. Our defence was much better. While we may not have got the win, we have gone a long way to getting one.
I think the attraction in Perry is that he's better than Seymour?

Agreed - much, much better from the Broncos, although I can't agree that a side with so little idea on the last tackle can ever be the better team. I swear, if I see Lockyer run the ball on the last one more time, I'm going to eat the couch in frustration.

thewizard1o1

International Debutant
Mundane Yogi said:
I think the attraction in Perry is that he's better than Seymour?

Agreed - much, much better from the Broncos, although I can't agree that a side with so little idea on the last tackle can ever be the better team. I swear, if I see Lockyer run the ball on the last one more time, I'm going to eat the couch in frustration.
Also that Seymour is not employed by them anymore :).

Hodges needs to do some work with Lockyer if he is to stay at fullback, should have shut down Cronk, as it was clear Lockyer had Hill. Very dangerous running the ball back from kicks thou...

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
Steve Clark does it again... How can a referee see someone(or in this case half the team) break the rules and not blow a penalty because its in Golden Point... The Rules are rules....

We didnt deserve to make the semis this year but neither do half the teams that are still in the hunt but we also didnt deserve to have our season ended by some incompetent half-witted clown with a fluro shirt and a whistle...

RANT & SEASON OVER

Simon

Clark was favournig the Tigers for 80 minutes ad got sick of it in the last 10...
the match should never have gone to golden point, if Steven Clark understood the rules and the game the Raiders would have easily won in normal time.

Matthew Elliott was on radio here this morning having a real crack at he Sydney media and rightly so. they are am embarassment on our game, they dont give two hoots about any sides outside of Sydney and if one thing goes against Dragons, Tigers or Eels we never hear the end of it. It's about time someone came out and was honest about it, the daily telegraph and channel 9 are doing their best so destory the game.

Simon

anyway, Todd Carney was a champion, hes still a kid and has won atleast 3 games for the Raiders by himself this year. In 2 or 3 years he will be a NSW State of Origin player because hes got the goods. One advantage he has on other young players is he has a cool head on his shoulders, we are yet to see him lose his cool under pressure, i think he can guide the raiders pretty far in this comp.

Canberra turned a corner yesterday, they had a lot go against them and got out of it with a win. 2 months ago Canberra would have lost that.

luffy

International Captain
Todd Carney will be a future star for the raiders especcially in the next couple of years with lots of stars and experienced players leaving.

Simon

my updated predicted ladder, im in pretty good tipping form too, 3 straight weeks of 6

1 Storm 44
2 Bulldogs 40
3 Raiders 32
4 Eels 30
5 Broncos 30
6 Dragons 30
7 Manly 28
8 Knights 28

9 Panthers 26
10 Cowboys 24
11 Tigers 24
12 Warriors 22
13 Sharks 22
14 Roosters 22
15 Souths 12

Simon

Johns is facing 3 weeks out for swearing at the touch judge i he takes the early guilty plea, 4 weeks if he fights and loses. if he takes the early plea he will miss the first week of the finals.
so in other words, Knights are stuffed and i couldnt be happier...

Burpey

Cricketer Of The Year
broncoman said:
anyway, Todd Carney was a champion, hes still a kid and has won atleast 3 games for the Raiders by himself this year. In 2 or 3 years he will be a NSW State of Origin player because hes got the goods. One advantage he has on other young players is he has a cool head on his shoulders, we are yet to see him lose his cool under pressure, i think he can guide the raiders pretty far in this comp.

Canberra turned a corner yesterday, they had a lot go against them and got out of it with a win. 2 months ago Canberra would have lost that.
Head > Carney

Simon

ash chaulk said:
how is the canberra team going and are they still sponsored by milk
canberra are in the top 8, Canberra Milk is still a sponsor of them, but not their major sponsor. This season its Fone Zone but next year it will be the CFMEU

Craig

World Traveller
How long is Crocker facing on the sidelines?

I was sitting across from some Broncos fans on the way home from Suncorp and one of them said Crocker will/is/should get 10 weeks and should of been sent off. Personally I have seen worse and it will be farcial if he got 10 weeks.