• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

** OFFICIAL Northside Power Thread **

new_age_ar

First Class Debutant
.... and not miss 700 penalties this season .... :laugh:
Pretty sure next draft pick we are looking for a new penalty taker or maybe this season Dave can step up. Mind you even if you miss penalty, those extra shots on goals added a lot to his shooting strangely enough.
First season nerves. :dry:

Just having a look at the Under 19 side, its seems i'm bit closer this season to most forwards except maybe Smith and Gough. As well as the keepers not having as big gap. I reckon I might have more success this season with penalties. Happy to give someone else a go, but more then happy to take them as well. :)

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Hey Manju, im going on holiday on Saturday. So it looks like your going to have to most of the picks for the trailist. I probably do the first depending on how long it takes, we got 2nd pick so we should be ok. I'll send you an email or have a chat you if get time to go on MSN. But basically we are looking for one defender, one midfield and one forward from the trailist. Just the best that is left each round. If there is a decent midfield left last round and we already have a forward and midfielder we might get another midfielder.

I'll have a closer look at all the players on Friday and put down a shortlist or something.

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
Pre-season squad with rookies and draft picks added and players advanced.

Please contact me if you see any errors before the pre-season games start.

Attachments

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Power Announce Squad Number

1. Blake Donald
2. Heath Davis
4. Trav Demeza
5. Xav Rose
6. Tharmilan Loganathan
7. James Griffen
9. Thamba Mamesh
11. Manju Reddlapalli
12. Phil Sneeder
13. David Comley
14. Anton Velasco
15. Ray Parlour
16. Luis Silva
17. Bjorn Berland
18. Ezequiel
19. Murali Najeeb
20. Soren Ernst
21. Josip Vrkic
22. Steffen Tomassen
23. Usylles Mbome
33. Paddy Gundry
99. Carlos Acuna

Players can still change their squad numbers until the season starts.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Haven't looked yet at how many matches we will play in the pre season, but I plan to trail four main formations:
1) 3-1-4-2
2) 4-4-2
3) 3-1-3-1-2
4) 4-3-1-2

My preference is the first formation but I guess a lot depends on how good our new look defensive is. On paper we probably have one of better defensives, but always had a decent defensive on paper but we never stayed on the field.

I rather play Manju and James this season as central midfielders, but they both provide the option of playing AM if we look like we might struggle infront of goal. With the pool of CW players we have it looks like we should have a few options when it comes to formation.

Likely starting XI

Donald
Rose-Loganathan-Davis
Demeza
Gundry-Giffen-Palour-Manju
Mamesh-Comley

alternative

Cricket Web Content Updater
Looks good, was also thinking about agressions. Hopefully everyone looks at their agression and change it if it needs be.

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Would like to welcome our new recuit to the side Heath Davis. Hopefully Heath can fill the role left by Pete at the back end of last season. Looking forward personally to combining with him in defence.
Also we need the new signings James Griffith and Heath Davis to pick number as well.
Sorry for my late entry to this thread - caused in the main by my holiday to the UK. Anyway, I'm back now and ready to stick my slide tackles in and (not deliberately ;) ) break a few legs or at least bruise a few shins.

I'll take shirt number 17 if that's okay. If not then 28.

Travis_Teh

International Regular
welcome aboard :)

Hrm, judging off those stats Goughy posted, i'll be the biggest bits and pieces player in the league haha.

5th highest (or so) in the team for all main stats >_< Good at all, great at none :(

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
Correct and working pre-season Rosters.

Updated to include Auckland vs Fury and United vs Nomads.

Could all captains please get teamsheets into CWFootball@cricketweb.net as soon as possible.

EDIT- Updated to include Fury vs Power pre-season game from Matchday 2.

Attachments

Last edited:

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
With Thamba out next game I'm thinking about bring in Murali Najeeb and see what he has up front. A good chance to test him out at this level as he didn't play any of the trail matches.

Also considering bring in Usylles Mbome into a back four with Palour making way. A tad disapointed to let in a goal last game, as we need to build our side on our defense going by our side on paper. Clean sheet are very important for us this season, if the sim stays the same as it has so far. Also Dynamo have potencially a better strike force.

Basically the following:

Donald
Rose-Loganathan-Davis-Mbome
Demeza
Gundry-Giffen-Manju
Najeeb-Comley

Thoughts?

Last edited:

Travis_Teh

International Regular
looks okay to me, I guess.

Don't really like your defensive mindset even before a game's been played. But that's just me, preferring attacking ***y football over boring, defensive/pessimistic football etc.

Would prefer to win 8-7 than 1-0 etc

Travis_Teh

International Regular
Don't think there is going to be too many of those scorelines this season.
i'm just talking about in general, in the real sense of the game. Was completly ignoring the sim program and typical sim results etc.

Defensive soccer = boring soccer. Aggresive soccer = fun soccer. Both to play and watch.