• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

** OFFICIAL Northside Power Thread **

cometer

State Regular
Was there a tactical reason why Thamba was subbed considering I was already out suspended? Was it to make sure he was available for the Swell game? I suppose we're in a bit of trouble with a few key players out and it would have been nice to be level on points with the Swell so that a draw would have still been enough. Now we have to go out and win the game which is going to be a difficult ask but I'm sure we can do it.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Was there a tactical reason why Thamba was subbed considering I was already out suspended? Was it to make sure he was available for the Swell game? I suppose we're in a bit of trouble with a few key players out and it would have been nice to be level on points with the Swell so that a draw would have still been enough. Now we have to go out and win the game which is going to be a difficult ask but I'm sure we can do it.
I ****ed up the teamsheet. I made a late change to the positions, moving Thamba from 10 to 9, to increase the chances of him scoring and forgot to change the subs numbers. One of backup forwards were meant to come off for Ernst if we were 0-0 to make the most of tactical change.

Got no one to blame expect myself for that. Just one of those things. I guess I could blame the fact I hadn't done a teamsheet in about a month. But yeah stupid mistake that shouldn't have happen.

Mind you I don't think anyone was going to get past Kyle in that form.

cometer

State Regular
Yeah, I thought it looked odd but then again since next week decides things it's not too bad. A win against Swell will give us the title anyway.

oz_fan

International Regular
All or nothing in the next game. Should be good, hopefully we can get the win and the premiership.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Goalkeeper/Defender of Year – Blake Donald

With only 17 goals scored in 20 matches there were quite a few players that could have won this award, such was the quality of the defensive. But the player that stood tall week in week out with some brilliant saves to keep Power in countless games was the man between the stick, Blake Donald. With 150 odd saves during the season, Donald had another standout season with only incumbent national keeper, Kyle Wright coming close to his feats.

Midfielder of the Year – Manju Reddlapalli

Going into this campaign the midfield was seen as the weak link in the Power side. Their inability to keep position last season was seen as one of the major reasons for their poor performances. With the lost of international Andy Cloete many expected another poor season from their midfield. Overall the midfield still lacked stars but as unit they became one of best midfields in the league. Adapting to every combination the manager asked of them.

The key to the success of this midfield was Manju Reddlapalli. With the addition of James Griffen to the squad, Reddlapalli was allowed to move away from his attacking midfield role where he had little success last season. In a more roving role Reddlapallu found his game and goals to boot. With 40 odd key passes, three assists and five goals Manju lead the midfield with his all round ability. Occasionally he got back and defended as well.

Forward of Year – Thamba Mamesh

Season one goals were hard to come by for their Power attack, with Comley hitting more wood then a lumber jack and Mamesh missing more penalties then Mark Viduka. With other forwards in the league scoring goals for fun, it was frustrating season for two Power forward.

With 15 goals and 12 goals respectively, both their hard work in the off season paid off. Separating these two forward for the forward of year was a tough task, but with Mamesh’s ability to score goals during key stages of the season he just piped the ever improving Comley.

Clubmen of the Year – Heath Davis

Being one of the more active clubs in the league, this award was hard to decide. But the players that stood out in terms of off field activity (his one field activity were interesting as well) and team support was Heath Davis. A new member of club, being signed during the close season, it didn’t take long for Heath to be noticed in the Power dressing room with his antics.

Player of the season up next...

alternative

Cricket Web Content Updater
Stoked to be part of the midfield, and winning an award has been simply superb. Congrats to the entire team for winning such a massive challenge.

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Clubman of the Year is more than I deserved. Most unhygienic of the year, maybe, having been sent off twice for spitting.