• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

** OFFICIAL Northside Power Thread **

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
TBH, the complaints are falling on deaf ears.

When I did this, all teams were treated equally with one team, the Power, treated more equally than others.

I feared there would be complaints and gave the Power every possible break to avoid it. Despite the Power getting maginally preferential treatment there are still complaints. I find that very annoying.
When did we have 'every possible break to avoid it.' Were we ever informed that both our best overseas players were going to retired off. All you had to do was tell me that our side was going to be 5-10 point above every other side if we kept these two guys. So either I could drop them or adjust the stats of other overseas players to make all the teams even in terms of stats. If you went about it that way I would have no problem changes things around. Instead you just cut our best overseas players without saying a thing.

I added a player to the squad you wanted which I doubt Id have done for any other team.
You had to do that cus you stuffed up and put in a player twice

The reasons why players have been removed is so people can draft for need with sign-ins and draft picks. Most Non-CWebbers on squads will be full-time back-ups. Leaving in all non-CW players would un balance squads.
Explain to me how then the best overseas players from every other club didn't get retired off and only our best overseas players got retired off. I wouldn't have a problem if those two guys were retired off if the likes of Celestine, Okada, Andersen, Frisk etc were alse retired off as well. But no we were the only club who had their best overseas players retired off.

Last edited:

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
You had to do that cus you stuffed up and put in a player twice.
I could have easily added a different player

Explain to me how then the best overseas players from every other club didn't get retired off and only our best overseas players got retired off. I wouldn't have a problem if those two guys were retired off if the likes of Celestine, Okada, Andersen, Frisk etc were alse retired off as well. But no we were the only club who had their best overseas players retired off.
Who is this best overseas player you keep talking about? Mbome is your highest ranked non-CW player and he is in.

Okada went backwards in the age related stats progression and is hardly a star now.

Power have the same number of non-CW players as Swell and United that have a primary skill of 10 or more.

Also, there is only 1 non-CW player in the league with a primary skill attribute over Mbome.

Mbome has the highest total points of any non-CW player

With CW players not signing in, players were taken out to allow captains to balance their squads and use their skills in re-building. There is not written law that all non-CW players would return. Maybe they found other clubs.

As I said, all teams have holes and there is ample opportunity to fill them. You need a type of player, then go find one.

I believe the teams to be balanced and fair.

In doing this Im certainly not admitting any wrong doing or mistake but trying to avoid any further whining.

Who do you want, Vrkic (1,6,8,5) or Hjelde (1,3,5,11)?

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
I could have easily added a different player

Who is this best overseas player you keep talking about? Mbome is your highest ranked non-CW player and he is in.

Okada went backwards in the age related stats progression and is hardly a star now.

Power have the same number of non-CW players as Swell and United that have a primary skill of 10 or more.

Also, there is only 1 non-CW player in the league with a primary skill attribute over Mbome.

Mbome has the highest total points of any non-CW player

With CW players not signing in, players were taken out to allow captains to balance their squads and use their skills in re-building. There is not written law that all non-CW players would return. Maybe they found other clubs.

As I said, all teams have holes and there is ample opportunity to fill them. You need a type of player, then go find one.

I believe the teams to be balanced and fair.

In doing this Im certainly not admitting any wrong doing or mistake but trying to avoid any further whining.

Who do you want, Vrkic (1,6,8,5) or Hjelde (1,3,5,11)?
Achushtos along with Mbome was our best overseas players. I have no problem with you trying to balance out the sides to try and make them even. But there were more even was of doing that without initially taking our two best overseas players out and leaving all the decent overseas players in the other teams. All you had to do was to allow us the adjust to stats of other players if you felt we were too strong. If you want to limit the number of 10 plus players then you should have allowed us to choice which 10 plus were to be kept.

But you can't just start taking out the best overseas players without even discussing it with the captains. One minute your telling us that your only going to take out the worst overseas players then next minute you make your own rule and just take our best overseas players. Fair enough if we weren't the only side that lost their best overseas players, but we were. I don't see how that is fair.

I'm sure if you weren't running the game and someone took Celestine from your squad without saying anything before you would have been as pissed off. Basically leaving us without Achushtos is the same as taking Frisk, Anderson or Celestine out of the other sides.

The thing that really worries me is the fact that you didn't even tell us you were going to intially take these players out. The fact you did all this behind closed doors without letting us have a say in decision that could direct impact the performance of the team is really worring and make you feel you have no control over what happens to your team and you just have to hold on tight and enjoy the ride.

If Achushtos was just an average run of mill player, then fair enough, but he was our best overseas players and we aren't being given a choice to keep him or not. I would just like an option to keep Achushtos. I that means keeping Acuna and swapping say Vrkic for one of my better overseas players, then fair enough. I want an chance to keep the main players in my squad. I don't see how that is unreasonable request.

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
With some clubs losing a number of their best CW players the balance was completely off.

It was impossible for teams to keep certain non-CW players and maintain an element of fairness.

Each team has at least 2 non-CW players that should be able to make good contributions. Add that to a min of 10 Webbers and 3 draft picks and there is a min core of 15 good players on each team.

Good non-CW players that were taken out can be replaced in the draft. The draft which, rather than leaving a captain with what they were given in Season 1, allows them to choose their own players and fill their own needs and holes.

The non-CW players were randomnly assigned in Season 1. I prefer getting rid of a number of them and allowing Captains to use their skills and decisions to choose the players they believe are the best fit.

Remember, this is not a direct continuation of last season. It is basically a rebuilding project with keeping the core of the squads and season 1.

Was it done behind closed doors? Yes. There has been a massive amount of work that has gone into this and if a number of people had been consulted and this done by commitee then it would never have happened.

The many 10s of hrs that has been given to this means this sim needed a lot of TLC and re-working and I believe the league and the structure is stronger for it and very fairly done.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
With some clubs losing a number of their best CW players the balance was completely off.

It was impossible for teams to keep certain non-CW players and maintain an element of fairness.
Was there any other similar overseas players taken out. Pretty sure Achushtos was the only non-CW player of any note that was taken out. It is not like we didn't have some big name retirements either, we did loss a international as well.

Each team has at least 2 non-CW players that should be able to make good contributions. Add that to a min of 10 Webbers and 3 draft picks and there is a min core of 15 good players on each team.
With only Mbome in the squad that leaves us only with on non-CW player that can make a real contribution. So by not having Achushtos we will basically only have 14 good players to everyone 15.

Was it done behind closed doors? Yes. There has been a massive amount of work that has gone into this and if a number of people had been consulted and this done by commitee then it would never have happened.

The many 10s of hrs that has been given to this means this sim needed a lot of TLC and re-working and I believe the league and the structure is stronger for it and very fairly done.
I can understand why you have to do most things behind closed doors to get things finished quickly. But when it comes to decision that have significant affect on a team's performance we should have a say. I would never start cut main players from WCC squads without informing a manager.

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
With only Mbome in the squad that leaves us only with on non-CW player that can make a real contribution. So by not having Achushtos we will basically only have 14 good players to everyone 15.
Ernst is a 10 rated midielder. That is roughly the same as the 2nd rated non-Webber at United and Swell.

You are in no worse situation than any other team

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
Upon looking at my squad, what the hell are you talking about? Mbome is as good as Anderson, and my only other reasonable international player is Louadj whose tackling is 11. Whereas, you have a midfielder, whose passing is 10, plus he has 5 years of age on Louadj.

My side, at least, has no international player advantage over yours at all. I haven't looked at the other sides because I honestly cbf, but I'd say they're the same.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Fury have 4 players over 10 including two 12s.
Southern have 3 players including a 17.

Again can point out to me where another player with similar stats to Achushtos got cut.

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
Fury have 4 players over 10 including two 12s.
Southern have 3 players including a 17.

Again can point out to me where another player with similar stats to Achushtos got cut.
Yeah, easily.

E_Cambassa, U_Achushtos (Stallions), Madondo is close

In fact, Cambassa is a far higher rated player than, ex-Power player, Achushtos

Last edited:

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Yeah, easily.

E_Cambassa, U_Achushtos (Stallions), Madondo is close
All those players were cut from Stallions/Dynamo right so they didn;t have six players with 10 plus stats. Thats a very different from cutting just our 3rd player with 10 plus stats.

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
Swell and United didnt get decent non-CWebbers cut as they only had 2 on each team in the first place. Power had 5 and had to lose a few to bring them in line with the other teams.

Im sure you would have wanted to keep them all but that isnt realistic.

You cant cut from Swell and United what they dont have and after teams lost CW players a re-jig was needed.

Last edited:

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Swell and United didnt get decent non-CWebbers cut as they only had 2 on each team in the first place. Power had 5 and had to lose a few to bring them in line with the other teams.

Im sure you would have wanted to keep them all but the isnt realistic.

You cant cut from Swell and United what they dont have and after teams lost CW players a re-jig was needed.
No I wouldn't want to keep them all, as I would rather have an even league. But I would have wanted the chance to choice which 2-3 I could keep. Rather then have some else make that decision. Who has no idea how we want to build the team. All I'm asking for is a chance to choice which players were kept. If you told us we could have only picked two non-CW players above 10, then I would have no problem choising which two. But the point is you never gave us a chance to decide.

EDIT: Also if you had to cut decent non-CW players then how come Fury had none of 10 plus non-CW cut and we have 3 and Statllions/Dynamo had 3.

Last edited:

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Would like to welcome our new recuit to the side Heath Davis. Hopefully Heath can fill the role left by Pete at the back end of last season. Looking forward personally to combining with him in defence.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Just signed another player James Griffen, good young attacking midfielder. Should fill the role left by Andy and Justin last season. Now onto the signing the overseas players. Probably need some backup for the two forwards or maybe some extra support.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
.... and not miss 700 penalties this season .... :laugh:
Pretty sure next draft pick we are looking for a new penalty taker or maybe this season Dave can step up. Mind you even if you miss penalty, those extra shots on goals added a lot to his shooting strangely enough.

new_age_ar

First Class Debutant
Squad number from last season:

1. Blake Donald
4. Trav Demeza
5. Xav Rose
6. Tharmilan Loganathan
9. Thamba Mamesh (38 last season)
11. Manju Reddlapalli
13. David Comley
33. Paddy Gundry

Had a chat to Tharmi about this and with all the CW players allocated it seems like a good time to sort this out of this season. If anyone wants to change their number they can from last season.

I'm going to change to No 9, hoping for a big year infront of goal and hopefully the lucky striker's number will help.

Also we need the new signings James Griffith and Heath Davis to pick number as well.