• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

** OFFICIAL Northside Power Thread **

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
Sign in thread for Season 2 Here

Power Players Currently signed up

Xavier Rose
Blake Donald
Paddy Gundry
M Reddlapalli
T_Loganathan
David Comley
Travis Demeza
Thamba Mamesh

Last edited:

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
I had a think about how captaincy will work this. I still want to be captain but not have the time to do all the little things that is required of the captain. So this season we will be having a co-captain.

Put you hand up if you want to be considered for that position and then we will vote once things are sorted out more.

alternative

Cricket Web Content Updater
Like i said it before, if no one wants to take up the responsibility then i will put my hand up. If someone else can spare more time than myself, then i am willing to help whoever gets the go ahead.

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
Season 2 Squad

- After aging and progession
- After points re-alignment
- Before Rookies and Draft picks

Attachments

Last edited:

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
What happened to U_Mbome and U_Achushtos. Surely they had better stats adjustments then Kirilov and Silva. Had some big plans for them this season. Oh well need to get some defensive backup now.

EDIT: Also Velasco in their twice.

Last edited:

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
What happened to U_Mbome and U_Achushtos. Surely they had better stats adjustments then Kirilov and Silva. Had some big plans for them this season. Oh well need to get some defensive backup now.

EDIT: Also Velasco in their twice.
Will fix it

EDIT- Teamsheet updated.
U_Mbome added
Velasco clone removed
One or 2 small changes to backup players to keep it balanced.

Last edited:

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Don't really think a striker replacement from 10 to 4 is a small change? I thought we were getting rid of the useless players not retired the half decent overseas players. Makes no sence those changes.

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
Don't really think a striker replacement from 10 to 4 is a small change? I thought we were getting rid of the useless players not retired the half decent overseas players. Makes no sence those changes.
Adding U_Mbome wasnt a small change.

Power already had the most total Team points and adding an upgrade player like U_Mbome would have further increased it dramatically.

A loss had to be made somewhere if Mbome was to be included and it was with the backup striker.

As I said, Power had the most team points and its impossible to expect a big upgrade like Mbome to be added without taking a hit somewhere else.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Basically leaves us with a sixteen man squad. There like four other players that would be better as forwards. Also as we all know with the sim team points don't mean anything. It the main skill point that matters. So it makes little difference which team has the most team points.

I just don't see the point in retiring guys that are half decent, especially when its likely their isn't likely to be a reduction in suspensions as we are still playing under the 100 ratings.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Just noticed we the only side that had their best overseas player canned from the squad. Thats a joke to say the least. Fair enough you make the decision that effect the whole league with discussing it without the captains. But it is a bit unfair if your soley decided which players get cut from the squad without letting the captains have any say.

Fair enough if we don't make a post in 24 hours or something, but atleast let us have some say in who stays in the squad. If you don't let us have a choice of which players stay, then why you even letting us pick rookies and draft. Might as well just allocate them all and be done with it. Would rather have a 15 man squad then not have Achushtos at the very least.

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
Just noticed we the only side that had their best overseas player canned from the squad. Thats a joke to say the least. Fair enough you make the decision that effect the whole league with discussing it without the captains. But it is a bit unfair if your soley decided which players get cut from the squad without letting the captains have any say.

Fair enough if we don't make a post in 24 hours or something, but atleast let us have some say in who stays in the squad. If you don't let us have a choice of which players stay, then why you even letting us pick rookies and draft. Might as well just allocate them all and be done with it. Would rather have a 15 man squad then not have Achushtos at the very least.
TBH, the complaints are falling on deaf ears.

When I did this, all teams were treated equally with one team, the Power, treated more equally than others.

I feared there would be complaints and gave the Power every possible break to avoid it. Despite the Power getting maginally preferential treatment there are still complaints. I find that very annoying.

The Power had the most points of all teams, the Power were given the 2nd pick of the 2nd round in the draft over the Swell despite it being a tie on sign ups, I added a player to the squad you wanted which I doubt Id have done for any other team.

I tried to avoid any issues by giving the Power the favour in any close decisions. Look where that has got me.

The reasons why players have been removed is so people can draft for need with sign-ins and draft picks. Most Non-CWebbers on squads will be full-time back-ups. Leaving in all non-CW players would un balance squads.

There are 5 rounds of pick-ups. If you need a certain type of player then bring them in.

Ive no issue with you fighting for your team, but its hard work as I thought this would happen and tried to avoid it by shading towards the Power in close decisions.