• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

** OFFICIAL Northside Power Thread **

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Side to play Nomads:

Donald
Loganathan-Rose-Davis
Demeza
Gundry-Manju-Griffen-Palour
Comley-Mamesh

Mbome Out - Griffen In

Not fully confident with only three at back tbh, but Demeza form has been too gun at DM to play him in a back four. Comley to score a hat trick.

cometer

State Regular
Comley to score a hat trick.

That's asking for trouble, when I think I've scored once or twice ever in this. Sigh once again keep getting the shots off but the keeper pulls out a save. I guess when it decides I want to score I'll score a bucket load in the one game.

Don't really know how we didn't win that though we totally carved them up and Okon was sent off.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
With Trav out i'm going to try something a bit different next game. Paddy did pretty well last season at DM, so he will slot in there. We haven't got the most out of Griffen yet, so he will be given a go at AM. With Berland coming into the centre of midfield for Trav and Rose replacing Mbome. Going to go with the extra midfielder to increase supply and the chance of more goals.

Likely side:

Donald
Loganathan-Rose-Davis
Gundry
Manju-Palour-Berland
Griffen
Comley-Mamesh

Bench: Sneeder-Mbome-Ernst-Ezequiel-Najeeb

cometer

State Regular
Sure was, had to laugh when I scored the first goal though since I haven't scored in ages. Then to get us back in the game and ahead on the back of some good team performance to complete a hattrick within 35 minutes was sensational. Hopefully I can keep this kind of form for the rest of the season.

We were pretty solid in defense all game which is also pleasing to see :).

Congrats on the win fellow Power players.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Pretty big match coming up against Swell next round, 1 v 2. Going to be hard to change a winning side and last match was probably our best overall performance ever. Maybe Trav might have to start the match off the bench. :p Nah he will come in for Berland, who didn't do much before being benched for Najeeb.

Not sure actually formation yet. Tempted to play both Demeza and Gundry at DM, to give us an extra dimension. Griffen will get another match at AM, to give us some extra strike power and a more balanced midfield.

Likely side:

Donald
Loganathan-Rose-Davis
Gundry-Demeza
Manju-Palour
Griffen
Comley-Mamesh

Bench: Sneeder-Mbome-Ernst-Berland-Najeeb

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Very tactically astute, our Chaminda. Totally bossed the Dynamo (despite 2 goals conceded against the run of play). Disappointed not to have gained more skill so far this season, must be in fairly poor form.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Very tactically astute, our Chaminda. Totally bossed the Dynamo (despite 2 goals conceded against the run of play). Disappointed not to have gained more skill so far this season, must be in fairly poor form.
Most of us defenders are in the same boat, so I wouldn't worry too much. Defenders seem to always be the last to improve stats wise.

Anyway I say the advantage of possession has more to do with our midfield controlling the games, then mine and Manju's tactics so far. Our midfield has played really well this season, especially Paddy, Trav and Manju. Palour also starting to step up too which is nice.

Last edited:

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
League table and roster after Round 4

Code:
Pl   Team                      P    W   D   L    GF   GA   GD   Pts
-------------------------------------------------------------------
1    Island_Swell              4    4   0   0     8    2    6    12
2    Northside_Power           4    3   1   0     8    4    4    10
3    Southern_Dynamo           4    2   0   2     6    5    1     6
4    Central_United            4    1   0   3     6    9   -3     3
5    Nixontown_Nomads          4    0   2   2     2    7   -5     2