• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Official NFL 2006 Season Thread

ash chaulk

International Captain
i played yesterday

First play ran deep on a fly caught an 80 yard TD

the following kickoff they returned it to the house.

The next kickoff i was returning got some great blocks by my wedge and broke out wide only to be chased down tryin to cut back in tackled at the 65.

then a long catch and run by our other WR.

14-7

Then the defence missed alot of tackles and at half time they went up 14 - 20

After the half the defence couldnt do anything to stop there Option offence.

Scores at 14-30 last quater

ran a deep corner ball was floating out of bounds so i gave up on it got a late hit right in the back and now i can hardly walk without pain.

Stayed out there got another TD on a 33yard fade route.

3 catches 115 yards and 2 TDS

yards were there but the Catches were not.

Dravid

International Captain
The Colts game was a good one. The Colts are 5-0 but they sneaked out most of their wins.

Fusion

Global Moderator
Sanz said:
Steelers slip to 1-3. :(
Yeah that's a shock to me. Along with Tampa Bay's record.

By the way SS, congrats to your Eagles for taking care of business yesterday. Round 1 goes to you. Can't wait for Round 2! :)

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Fusion said:
Well the most hyped game of the season is tomorrow: Cowboys at Philly. The return of TO to the City of Brotherly Shove. I heard they're going crazy in Philly with anticipation. I think TO probably would be wise to ask for some extra security! :p

Regarding the game itself, these are two good teams going at each other. I would have to give the edge to Philly, but just barely. I think the fact that they're at home, and have the added emotional rush of trying to beat TO just gives them the game. However, if the Boys are able to win at the Road under such adverse conditions, then they are truly an elite team in the NFC.

We won because Andy Reid knows the way to build a lasting team is not by skill people, but by offensive and defensive lines.

Thats why dallas will be inconsistent, where Eagles will not be. Chicago is the best in the NFC though, clearly.

ash chaulk

International Captain
Fusion said:
Yeah that's a shock to me. Along with Tampa Bay's record.

By the way SS, congrats to your Eagles for taking care of business yesterday. Round 1 goes to you. Can't wait for Round 2! :)
how do you think tampas gunna go with gradowski at QB i didnt see any of the game or highlights but the stats were there

Fusion

Global Moderator
silentstriker said:
We won because Andy Reid knows the way to build a lasting team is not by skill people, but by offensive and defensive lines.
And Bill Parcells doesn't know this? Ever thought that everyone has the same idea, but it's not that easy to achieve? If you look at Parcell's career, he's not enamored by the flashy skill players. He wants to dominate the time of possession. And the only way to do that is by having a good OL and DL. In fact, IMO Parcell sometimes goes TOO CONSERVATIVE because he wants to grind out a win by running the ball (once he has a lead). The Eagles are a great football team, and Reid is an excellent coach. But you seem to be implying that the Eagles won primarily because Reid knows how to build a football team and Parcells does not. I don't think I need to remind you that Big Bill knows a thing or two about leading a team to the Super Bowl.

Dravid

International Captain
I'm watching the Giants game right now, and it seems Tiki Barber has gotten injured. Don't know for how long but this is a huge loss for the Giants. Barber tackled on the run, loses the ball and goes down, fumble is called and Cowboys get it. I hope it's nothing serious because it's his last season in the NFL and I would like to see him play as many games as he can.

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
Reid is an over rated coach. He has achieved nothing as eagles coach. Parcell is just old now.

pinchy81

International Vice-Captain
seems as though the Bears, Colts and Giants are going well this year exspecially the Bears though i hope when they go to Giants Stadium they lose :p i dont wanna lose 5 bucks

pinchy81

International Vice-Captain
looks to be a few big matchups this week most intresting Giants (6-2) V Bears (7-1) i really hope the giants can get up here

Dravid

International Captain
Not a NFL game but did anyone see the Rutgers game last night!? My cousin was at that game, and once the game ended, everyone ran to the center to mob the team! I have no idea how Rutgers won. People went crazy at the stadium!

ash chaulk

International Captain
Dravid said:
Not a NFL game but did anyone see the Rutgers game last night!? My cousin was at that game, and once the game ended, everyone ran to the center to mob the team! I have no idea how Rutgers won. People went crazy at the stadium!
YES i watched it... it was an amazing game a come from behind game pretty much. Very lucky to have won in the end after the first field goal attempt went wide but the Louisville Defensive player was caught offside and a re-kick allowed Rutgers to kick the winning field goal. following the kick return they returned it to the 40 witha second to go. BUT everyone swamped the field and they had to get everyone off so louisville could have a shot at a Hail mary the QB ended up getting sacked.

Fusion

Global Moderator
Donovan McNabb out for the year with a torn ligament. Ouch. That's sad. I really like McNabb as a player and human being. Well one of the top priorities of the Eagles in the off season was getting a solid back-up. I don't know if Garcia is solid, but he gets his chance starting next week.