• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Official NFL 2006 Season Thread

Fusion

Global Moderator
The problem is defence and not ROMO. I was bits of Dallas/Detroit game and the defence was pathetic. Dallas defense has allowed 120+ points in last four games which is really unacceptable.
So...very...distressed. :down:

Fusion

Global Moderator
Jeez Atlanta missed out on the playoffs again :dry:
Why would anyone be surprised?
Well with Mora gone, I think it's time to FINALLY make Vick what he's supposed to be: a running back. Mora was a big supporter of Vick as QB. I wouldn't be surprised if whoever the new coach is makes the position change. Would make the most sense IMO.

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
Well with Mora gone, I think it's time to FINALLY make Vick what he's supposed to be: a running back. Mora was a big supporter of Vick as QB. I wouldn't be surprised if whoever the new coach is makes the position change. Would make the most sense IMO.
I dont think a position change is the right idea now given his profile and contract. It probably would have been a better idea coming out of college. I mean what a steal by the Chargers. They gave up on Vick in return, effectively, for Brees and Tomlinson.

Also, he doesnt have the body for running back. He is far to sleight and could not take the pounding. If he was to change to anywhere it would have to be receiver.

ash chaulk

International Captain
I dont think a position change is the right idea now given his profile and contract. It probably would have been a better idea coming out of college. I mean what a steal by the Chargers. They gave up on Vick in return, effectively, for Brees and Tomlinson.

Also, he doesnt have the body for running back. He is far to sleight and could not take the pounding. If he was to change to anywhere it would have to be receiver.
spot on.

His contract is a truck load too much for a WR/RB or Kick Returner. The Stump should easily be the starter next season. With Vick playing Backup QB/WR

Maybe another team would help him out too.

Fusion

Global Moderator
cant believe romo
That was extremely depressing. I don't remember the last time I felt so gutted after watching a NFL game. Romo took full responsibility for the loss after the game. Said he let his team down and cost them the game. Though he can share the blame with Glenn for fumbling the ball and causing a safety at the end. TO said Romo took it hard and was crying his eyes out. Of course that's after TO took a shot at the coaches for not utilizing him more. I believe this was Parcell's last game. I think he'll retire. Oh well, onwards to next season I suppose. I still believe we found something in Romo. We need to massively improve our pass rush and coverage. And apparently find a new holder for field goals.

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
That was extremely depressing. I don't remember the last time I felt so gutted after watching a NFL game. Romo took full responsibility for the loss after the game. Said he let his team down and cost them the game. Though he can share the blame with Glenn for fumbling the ball and causing a safety at the end. TO said Romo took it hard and was crying his eyes out. Of course that's after TO took a shot at the coaches for not utilizing him more. I believe this was Parcell's last game. I think he'll retire. Oh well, onwards to next season I suppose. I still believe we found something in Romo. We need to massively improve our pass rush and coverage. And apparently find a new holder for field goals.
Well it obviously looked bad for Romo and if I was him I would also blame myself.

However, from what I saw, Gramatica had an opportunity to block the guy that caught Romo from behind and he missed the block.

Now I know Liza Minelli hits harder than Gramatica, but if he makes that block then Romo goes in for the TD.

I know blocking isnt usually his job, but on a broken play you have to do whatever helps the team. Gramatica missing that block cost Dallas the game.

Fusion

Global Moderator
Well it obviously looked bad for Romo and if I was him I would also blame myself.

However, from what I saw, Gramatica had an opportunity to block the guy that caught Romo from behind and he missed the block.

Now I know Liza Minelli hits harder than Gramatica, but if he makes that block then Romo goes in for the TD.

I know blocking isnt usually his job, but on a broken play you have to do whatever helps the team. Gramatica missing that block cost Dallas the game.

To be fair, I don't expect a kicker who's following through on his kicking motion to quickly turn around and block a player double his size. That's asking a lot IMO. Also, I've seen the replays plenty of times and even if Romo doesn't get tackled from behind, he still had two guys to beat. I don't think he was getting in either way.

Incidently, the football looked extra shiny (or slippery) in the replays. I think the Seahawks put in a secret, extra-slippery ball in there so Romo will fumble the hold. :ph34r:

ash chaulk

International Captain
yeah really dont expect a kicker to block he would just get run over anyways. I thought Romo was going to make it. Felt really bad for the guy aswell

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
yeah really dont expect a kicker to block he would just get run over anyways. I thought Romo was going to make it. Felt really bad for the guy aswell
If he had got run over then Romo would not have been caught.

Ive seen kickers make great tackles and blocks.

Turk was a great tackling punter and Adam Vinatieri caught and tackled the legendary Herschel Walker for a great save etc

Kickers have to put their body on the line on broken plays especially with the season at stake. I dont care if he is trampled to the turf, he must make a better effort.

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
To be fair, I don't expect a kicker who's following through on his kicking motion to quickly turn around and block a player double his size. That's asking a lot IMO. Also, I've seen the replays plenty of times and even if Romo doesn't get tackled from behind, he still had two guys to beat. I don't think he was getting in either way.

Incidently, the football looked extra shiny (or slippery) in the replays. I think the Seahawks put in a secret, extra-slippery ball in there so Romo will fumble the hold. :ph34r:
Dallas disn't deserve to win, their defence dropped at least 3 easy interceptions, it was coming right into the hands of their defenders and they couldn't hold them. TO dropped some really easy ones which even I could hold. The safety by Terry Glenn was a blunder and lost the game for Dallas.

Fusion

Global Moderator
Dallas disn't deserve to win, their defence dropped at least 3 easy interceptions, it was coming right into the hands of their defenders and they couldn't hold them. TO dropped some really easy ones which even I could hold. The safety by Terry Glenn was a blunder and lost the game for Dallas.
Yup true that. The team imploded in the last half of the season. The defense got exposed in the New Orleans game and every team after that copied their game plan and torched us. TO had been dropping passes all year. In the biggest game of the year, our 4 big offensive stars all had mistakes. TO dropped a pass, Witten fumbled, Glenn fumbled, and of course Romo fumbled the hold. Can't win with those type of mistakes. I’m still positive about our chances for next year though. We have genuine excitement in the QB position. You have to hope that the defense will figure out their shortcomings in the off-season (maybe go back to the 4-3 instead of staying with the 3-4). A decent pass rusher won't hurt. A safety that can actually cover will be nice. So yeah we have work to do, but what NFC team doesn't?

ash chaulk

International Captain
heard the SAV (rocca) has been given a contract with the Eagles. but they rekin he will just punt in NFL Europe and then compete with Dirk Johnson for a spot in training camp.

Fusion

Global Moderator
Who won outta Chicago & the Saints??
Chicago. Was a blow out in the end.

Colts win the AFC match up. What a game!! It looked to be another Patriots' blowout in the 1st qtr. Then the Colts make a ferocious comeback and Manning FINALLY gets over the hump and beats the Patriots.

My early pick is The Colts to win the Super Bowl.

Dravid

International Captain
Omg what a game between Colts and Pats. When Pats got 21 I thought there was no way colts could come back, but damn did they come back. Colts going to without a doubt in my mind