• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** New Zealand v Australia

psxpro

Banned
Gilchrist for mots becasue whenever NZ looked to be getting into a good position in the first and 3rd test he took it away from us. Had it not been for gilchrist we may well have won the first test.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
aussie said:
i doesn't look like Glenn would be getting his 500 in this match, but it would be nice if he took it at Lords this June that would be a great place to achieve such a prestigeous feat
From an English point of view I hope not!

A wicketless start to the Series from him would be nice!

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
marc71178 said:
From an English point of view I hope not!

A wicketless start to the Series from him would be nice!
Well, good luck. Personally I think he's bowling the best he ever has right now.

telsor

U19 12th Man
The scariest thing about the NZ bowling figures is that across 3 tests, they only took 28 wickets between them.

Martin seems to have a problem between his ears that the Aussies exploited. Attack him and he gets knocked out of his rythym too easily.

psxpro

Banned
The bolwing was much better than it was in australia. I thought Franklin especially improved a lot and will do much better against other teams.
Also its hard to take more than 28 wickets in 3 tests if they only have to bat once and a bit..

lord_of_darkness

Cricket Web XI Moderator
Franklins unpredictable still Psx.. hes been an On and Off bowler for NZ.. he performs at times.. and then he goes mediocre again.. to make way for tuffey who does well and goes mediocre again.. we cant seem to find any consistent bowlers who can be there for us all the time.. like most other countries have..

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
lord_of_darkness said:
Franklins unpredictable still Psx.. hes been an On and Off bowler for NZ.. he performs at times.. and then he goes mediocre again.. to make way for tuffey who does well and goes mediocre again.. we cant seem to find any consistent bowlers who can be there for us all the time.. like most other countries have..
I think Martin and Franklin are worth persisting with. If Bond returns to form that would be a decent bowling attack, with Astle and Oram as backup.

lord_of_darkness

Cricket Web XI Moderator
I think Martin and Franklin are worth persisting with. If Bond returns to form that would be a decent bowling attack, with Astle and Oram as backup.
Get Tuffey back into the frame.. hes a champ bowler on home soil!

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Congrats to Australia for a well deserved test series win to go along with the 5-0 oneday whitewash. Only whether intervened, stopping the perfect result.

Gilchrist was the star, with Mcgrath, Ponting, Martyn and Warne not far behind.

For Australia Clarke was the only player to really struggle in the test series.

As a NZ'er, I'm now asking myself whether this is the best sporting team that has toured this country in any sport

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
lord_of_darkness said:
Get Tuffey back into the frame.. hes a champ bowler on home soil!
I disagree. He does well in helpful conditions, but for me both Martin and Franklin are better bowlers who can develop further. They have better pace and better accuracy, and with experience I think they can be excellent backup bowlers for Bond.

Zinzan

FaaipDeOiad said:
I disagree. He does well in helpful conditions, but for me both Martin and Franklin are better bowlers who can develop further. They have better pace and better accuracy, and with experience I think they can be excellent backup bowlers for Bond.
Franklin for the future yes, but Martin gets the big thumbs down for me.He can bowl with good pace at times but I question his top 2 inches. He's also too one dimentional, only seems to bowl insiders (to the right hander) and bowls from too wide to get LBW's. As one of the commentators said today I don't know why he doesn't try round the wicket to the lefthanders, especially when Gilchrist is smashing him.

The other problem I have with both Martin and Franklin is that they lack aggression. We (NZ) need a Dion Nash type character as an opening bowler. You almost get the feeling that Both Martin and franklin are to much "nice guys"....strange as it sounds

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
zinzan12 said:
The other problem I have with both Martin and Franklin is that they lack aggression. We (NZ) need a Dion Nash type character as an opening bowler. You almost get the feeling that Both Martin and franklin are to much "nice guys"....strange as it sounds
Bond would hopefully fill that role. Martin impressed me heaps on the first morning of the second test. I thought he bowled very well without much luck, and I also thought he was great against South Africa a while back, when he bowled equally well but actually got the wickets that time. If he can bowl like that all the time, he will be a quality bowler.

lord_of_darkness

Cricket Web XI Moderator
No way.. Tuffey is a far better bowler than Martin.. and the condition we have at home are best suited for Tuffey.. And tuffey has far better accuracy than Martin does.. and experience..

Zinzan

lord_of_darkness said:
No way.. Tuffey is a far better bowler than Martin.. and the condition we have at home are best suited for Tuffey.. And tuffey has far better accuracy than Martin does.. and experience..
yes, but Tuffey is no more than a shadow of his former self, the 2003 model that is