• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** New Zealand v Australia

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
Aussie

sportychic33 said:
i'm here. . . being in nz and having school at the mo, i don't think i will be online much when you are until about the 17th April.
OK, well i'm in school has well, all i'll do is count down the days to april 17 & wait for your return

Darrin

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
anzac said:
I have to agree with the dissenters regarding C Martin's bowling attributes................
having finally been able to see a bit of the cricket I stand by my earlier post regarding Martin - that being he is only likely to take wickets when bowling with a newish ball in the first session when there is still life in the wicket from overnight dew, and swing aided by overcast conditions..............without these he is of little threat IMO - RSA were just unlucky to get him when the conditions aided him.............

he needs to get closer to the stumps; keep his pace up; get the ball to shape 'the other way'; and learn to bowl around the wicket...................
I was watching a clip of Martin bowling against the RSA last year during a rain break in the third test, it seems to me that he is not bowling with the same zip and pace that he was a year ago. The martin i saw this season he is a pale imitation on the one who was last season one of the stars.

Darrin

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
anzac said:
only if he has his ball release & seam position sorted - otherwise he's cannon fodder at his pace (or lack thereof).............
I would get tuffey back in quick smart. We need daryl leading the attack, bowling tightly, and at his best. He made some mistakes big deal-don't we all.

shaka

International Regular
he does not want to rush his return to internationals, although he is available and bowling for canterbury

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
lord_of_darkness said:
God damn it.. the country has to call him "Frontline" Spinner now !!!
Well that goes to highlight our lack of depth of quality spinners. Wiseman's useful on a helpful pitch but by no means brilliant...we really need another quality spinner to back up Vettori with Dan being so injury prone, Wiseman isn't the answer IMO.

lord_of_darkness

Cricket Web XI Moderator
Well that goes to highlight our lack of depth of quality spinners. Wiseman's useful on a helpful pitch but by no means brilliant...we really need another quality spinner to back up Vettori with Dan being so injury prone, Wiseman isn't the answer IMO.
Reuben for Wiseman.. but thats the future.. but really Som we have no one as a backup for Dan or Support.. Walker tried wasnt upto it.. Haslam isint good enough, Morland neither..B Martin.. i havent heard much of him..

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
Is Cricinfo down? I can't get a single page to load. Even on pinging, it gives an error-
Code:
>ping www.cricinfo.com
Unknown host www.cricinfo.com.

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
lord_of_darkness said:
I dont think our Test squad named.. with Vettori rested.. will match up to S.L in the first test.. :(
Don't be so pessimistic Mate !! SL doesn't have Murali either !!

I am expecting 2 tight contests , where one will be won by the team that seizes the last couple of sessions and the other being washed out by the Windy Wellington thunderstoms !! :D :D

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
By the way, where have the Mods gone ? Isn't it time to let this thread float and pin the SL in NZ tour at the top ? Wake up Moderators !! :toot: :toot: :toot:

Blaze

Banned
JASON said:
Don't be so pessimistic Mate !! SL doesn't have Murali either !!

I am expecting 2 tight contests , where one will be won by the team that seizes the last couple of sessions and the other being washed out by the Windy Wellington thunderstoms !! :D :D

We havent had a thunderstorm in Welington for a long time.. and are not renowned for them