• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** New Zealand tour of Zimbabwe and South Africa 2016

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
jesus up-and-down bounce is going to make it impossible to play Rabada if we can get to the 4th innings.

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
The benefits of pure pace got that wicket. The previous 150km short-ball kept Nicholls on the crease. Dead, shocking decision, didn't look anywhere near bat watching live.

Disappointing finish, but Nicholls was impressive.
I thought it had pitched outside leg live. I don't think bat was an issue.

vandem

International 12th Man
Neither were as dead as that though. You'd always review that regardless if you'd wasted one the previous delivery.
Always? You sure? If they'd already used one review, you think they'd waste one on Nichols on a "did >50% of the ball pitch on leg" or "did <50% of the ball pitch outside" rather than save a review for Kane or BJ?

And yes, I understand that a ***y appeal has more chance of getting a review.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Damn, I missed Henry 'has temperament' Nicholls' innings :/ Sounds like he was reasonably good in difficult conditions.

Personally was just pleased we got past 30 overs less than 5 down and with one of the big two still in. Still difficult batting but have a chance now to make something of the innings.

vandem

International 12th Man
jesus up-and-down bounce is going to make it impossible to play Rabada if we can get to the 4th innings.
Good point. More than one way to win a game with a 4-seamer attack. Don't always need to bowl first.

Last edited:

StephenZA

Hall of Fame Member
I would have preferred Piedt coming on now, don`t just want him to bowl the over before lunch....yes I am aware he has already bowled 2 but he needs a decent spell.

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
I would have preferred Piedt coming on now, don`t just want him to bowl the over before lunch....yes I am aware he has already bowled 2 but he needs a decent spell.
We hit him out of the attack.

When he comes back he will need to bowl better.

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Always? You sure? If they'd already used one review, you think they'd waste one on Nichols on a "did >50% of the ball pitch on leg" or "did <50% of the ball pitch outside" rather than save a review for Kane or BJ?

And yes, I understand that a ***y appeal has more chance of getting a review.
I just thought that looked 99.99% dead and looked nowhere near the bat watching live. So if you've ever going to review an LBW, it was that one. Especially since height wasn't a factor.