• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** New Zealand tour of Zimbabwe and South Africa 2016

Athlai

Not Terrible
Was some serious club standard batting from Zimbabwe last night. After a fairly solid first hour it just became a bit of a joke.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Interesting that Sodhi is into his 13th over in his spell and he only came on after the 8th wicket fell and has 0-43.

I know it is only Zimbabwe but still...
I was surprised it was so long til he was introduced, and that Santner was preferred with the newer ball. Anyone see how Sodhi actually bowled?

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
I was surprised it was so long til he was introduced, and that Santner was preferred with the newer ball. Anyone see how Sodhi actually bowled?
He was getting quite a bit of turn, few LBW shouts, some skied mi****s. Overall he was a bit unlucky not to come awya with any wickets, but so was Boult.

His googlys turned a ****ing mile.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
He was getting quite a bit of turn, few LBW shouts, some skied mi****s. Overall he was a bit unlucky not to come awya with any wickets, but so was Boult.

His googlys turned a ****ing mile.
That's good. I mean conceding 3.6 rpo is not great, but not dreadful. Was he bowling the half-tracker/full-toss per over or only every other over?

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Interesting that Sodhi is into his 13th over in his spell and he only came on after the 8th wicket fell and has 0-43.

I know it is only Zimbabwe but still...
He wasn't great by any means, but not as bad as you're implying here. Also, can we not forget it was day 1...

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
Kippax, not sure one dismissal against spin in a white ball game really says much.
Yeah that's why I've kept the domestic threads filled with videos since 2011/12, those ones that get 10-20 views from all across the country. The more typical New Zealander would prefer a hurried glance at the abacus to tell him what to do, of course, so he formulates a case in his mind for Craig Cachopa or someone anyway.

Canterbury Cricket will hopefully get in on this Munro/Raval/Craig Cachopa racket and bring their boundaries at Hagley Oval in at least 30 yards, lowering themselves into a fair fight with Auckland for NZC and county contracts.

Last edited: