• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** New Zealand in Zimbabwe and South Africa 2015

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
Munro talking like he's going to get a chance here. JimmyGS sore after the first warm-up, played a minimal part in the second.

Last edited:

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year

Hard to believe Lake couldn't break into Zim domestic cricket immediately after that U19 WC. Not sure what the story was there.

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year

Kevin Curran's boys are two more the Zim forumers are resigned to never representing them.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Yeah I think Chigumbura is the value bet there. He's been in top form lately and I don't think the bookies have quite realised he's batting 4 yet.

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
Left the country immediately I believe.
Yeah it was pretty quickly it seems. Written about a year afterwards -

The eternal struggles of Zimbabwean cricket - The Popping Crease

After what he showed in the Under-19 World Cup, Malcolm Lake would have been one of the first names on my ODI team sheet as a Zimbabwean selector. I would find a way to get him in the side, batting at around seven, so that he could get a feel of international cricket and develop as part of the Zimbabwean team. An 18-year-old at the time, he would by now have a year's worth of ODIs under his belt, and would have developed hugely as a player. Instead, he may now never be seen in Zimbabwean colours. He has moved on to South Africa, where he should be able to pursue a living playing the game rather than trying to feed himself off a couple of hundred dollars from Zimbabwe cricket.
Now at Oxford University and doing well in club cricket in Devon.

Last edited:

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
Yeah I think Chigumbura is the value bet there. He's been in top form lately and I don't think the bookies have quite realised he's batting 4 yet.
Wheeler will enjoy getting a pointy-seamed Duke back in his hands though, obvs. I might take Cremer.

Last edited:

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year

Ervine (the lefty) getting back in the crease a bit like Ballance there. Reasonable value at $7 for a virtually confirmed top 3 bat, but I think I'll do as Cribb says and go with Chigs.

Last edited:

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year

The better way to take advantage of them not expecting Ervine to be coming in at 3. Chigs is good at $6.50 though. 330 runs @ 82.5 since his promotion to No. 4.

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
George Worker better odds than Taylor...is that just some generic price for a debutant??

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
It's the fact he's an opener they know nothing about, I'd say. They don't think the New Zealand No. 4 will get three good long bats in this series.

kiwiviktor81

International Debutant
Reckon Ronchi's good value at $17. Even though he usually bats at 7 he might get promoted in the likely event that Zimbabwe can't get Williamson and Taylor out cheaply. This will let him score his usual amount of runs with the potential for a big innings of sheer ice.

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
I put a small stake on Badonkadonk for tomorrow's match when he was at $28 (now $21). I think Henry. Wheeler or Milne will knock Zim over with the Duke really cheaply at least once, so I wouldn't go for Ronchi over the series tbh.

Last edited:

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
Ya I was thinking the same...problem is at 6.00 he is just marginally a value bet, so I wouldn't put too much money on him for 1st odi, if at all...6.50 (for series bet) is a better option though

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Beautiful day in Harare.

Zim won the toss and are bowling. Pleased to see NZ batting first.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag

The better way to take advantage of them not expecting Ervine to be coming in at 3. Chigs is good at $6.50 though. 330 runs @ 82.5 since his promotion to No. 4.
On Sportsbet, WIlliams is $6.00 so looks the value bet on that site. It can be beneficial if you've got available funds in multiple accounts. For NZ, it is weird that Neesham is just $6 on SB, but $19 on 365.

Last edited: