• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* New Zealand in Sri Lanka

Amobokobokoboko

U19 12th Man
Followed the game via Cricinfo. Nearly got a nervous breakdown when McCullum was out after 9 runs, I didn't expect the boys to win it but miracles do happen.

Up to the next one, hopefully they win win that one as well.

GO Blackcaps

Raghav

International Vice-Captain
cant wait to see Blackcaps in action against Srilanka today... I would love them clean sweeping the T20 Intls...

McCullum & Ryder should give us good start...that would help

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
Was that one of the great T20s of all time? Certainly one of the best I've seen in my life.
Reminded me of our Twenty20 against India in the T20 World Cup in 2007, fighting back in the field after Sehwag and Gambhir got away to a flying start to win by a few runs. Might not go as far as to say it was one of the greatest T20s - had Sri Lanka not stuffed things up for themselves with the bat they probably should've won with a couple of overs to spare - though I'd agree that it was a tense match that went down to the wire, was glad I stayed up to see the end.

I actually only just realised that Jacob Oram took a hat trick towards the end of the innings, would've been nice if the commentators had pointed that out! Ironically I was a bit worried about having him bowl a couple of overs at the end of the innings after looking rather laboured in his first few overs.

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Only 5 overs left between M & M now, not so worried about the other Lankan bowlers today

Days of Grace

International Captain
Jayawardene and Sangakkara are class also, but not exactly power-hitters.

But you're right, Sri Lanka's batting has been very top-heavy in ODIs for the majority of this decade.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Jayawardene and Sangakkara are class also, but not exactly power-hitters.

But you're right, Sri Lanka's batting has been very top-heavy in ODIs for the majority of this decade.
Contribute little or nothing to the 20/20 side and Mahela has never exactly been a good ODI batsman. Had his moments though.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Could Nathan McCullum have a role in the ODI side, or is his spin purely suited to 20/20 cricket?

From what I've seen of him, he doesn't look all that but you can't argue with his record and the lack of tap he gets.

GGG

State Captain
Could Nathan McCullum have a role in the ODI side, or is his spin purely suited to 20/20 cricket?

From what I've seen of him, he doesn't look all that but you can't argue with his record and the lack of tap he gets.
If we are going to play 2 spinners then yeah as he adds more with the bat and in the field than Patel.

Howsie

International Captain

Are you watching todays game? Because he is bowling really well at the moment. He's getting quite abit of drift and is getting the ball to turn. He should be in the one day team for sure.