• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** New Zealand in South Africa

Langeveldt

Soutie
Jono said:
can't imagine how awesome it would have been to be there, and can't imagine how fun it must have been to be there and be a South African fan.
I wasn't expecting 3-0 and I think the boys deserved a lot of noise.. Herschelle was on the front page of the Herald today saying how great the crowd were, boy it was loud! We don't have much of a rugby team to shout about so I think the cricketers get the best reception in the country when they come here..

Protea

School Boy/Girl Captain
Langeveldt said:
Absolutely perfect.. Well done Justin, always knew you could pull that one off.. Best game of cricket I've seen live, with amazing atmosphere too.. It felt like 15,000 people at a party with a game going on in the background..

Can't believe the band turned up and sat behind me, absolutely awesome guys..
I must've walked past you then...white top, black-and-green bikini, three-quarter jeans, sunglasses, swearing at my cellphone. I was looking for my idiotic little brother, who, it turned out, had snuck up to the Duckpond End and was watching the game in luxury :blink: :p

Great atmosphere though...I don't think I've seen better in all the ODIs I've been to in PE. The last couple against England and the West Indies (a massive party where nobody was paying the slightest bit of attention to the cricket) come close but the New Zealand game was amazing.

Protea

School Boy/Girl Captain
Langeveldt said:
I wasn't expecting 3-0 and I think the boys deserved a lot of noise.. Herschelle was on the front page of the Herald today saying how great the crowd were, boy it was loud! We don't have much of a rugby team to shout about so I think the cricketers get the best reception in the country when they come here..
Hersch's a legend. The PE crowd loves him, even when he comes with WP and beats the hell out of the the Warriors.

This may have been the only place were AB had stalkers...there were pre-teen girls following him to which ever boundary he fielded on :blink: Can't say I blame them :p

Sir Redman

State Vice-Captain
I can't believe how we let another one go that we could have won. All the omens coming into this match were good, with our netballers trouncing the Aussies, women's hockey team also beating the Ockers, and rugby league team beating GB. But, once again our top order batting and death bowling let us down. Our guys just can't bowl to bashers...think of what Klusener, Pollock, Razzaq and now Kemp have done to us.

This also proves that the psychological advantage we supposedly gained from the 20/20 game was a load of rubbish.

Langeveldt

Soutie
Protea said:
This may have been the only place were AB had stalkers...there were pre-teen girls following him to which ever boundary he fielded on :blink: Can't say I blame them :p
Oh so AB wasn't the only one being followed then!!

Can't believe I missed Langes, JK, Boje and Gibbs who were clubbing at Toby Joes that night! Friend of mine had his photo taken with them, ultra jealous..

Oh, and photos are up they can be viewed here

Last edited:

Langeveldt

Soutie
Protea said:
I must've walked past you then...white top, black-and-green bikini, three-quarter jeans, sunglasses, swearing at my cellphone. I was looking for my idiotic little brother, who, it turned out, had snuck up to the Duckpond End and was watching the game in luxury :blink: :p .
Yeah I was the guy who kept following you asking for your cell number, then I brought you that expensive drink at Castle Corner, remember me??

Langeveldt

Soutie
Protea said:
I'd be happy if I could get close to Castle Corner ;)
Oh, don't they like underage drinkers? The girls I was with say "cleavage and attitude" so I remember that every time I tuck into some fast food..

Protea

School Boy/Girl Captain
I could pass for eighteen probably...but PE isn't such a big place and St. Georges' is a pretty small ground. With my luck I'd probably run into one of my teachers :dry:

I also don't trust myself when I'm intoxicated :happy: :blink:

Last edited:

jot1

State Vice-Captain
Jono said:
That was an absolutely awesome crowd. The singing, the band, it was just so great to watch, can't imagine how awesome it would have been to be there, and can't imagine how fun it must have been to be there and be a South African fan.
The previous time NZ played in PE they lodged a complaint against the band and the noise and the band was stopped from playing. :(

Protea

School Boy/Girl Captain
The band is just part of the culture of watching cricket in PE. It's part of the reason why the atmosphere was so brilliant. If the New Zealanders don't like it, it's just another problem they'll have to face when they place here. Which would they rather have: a band who might annoy them or a crowd that throws things at them? The only thing I saw land on the field during Sunday's match was a blown-up condom :p

Oh, and a streaker painted green, but they managed to catch him 8-)

Langeveldt

Soutie
Protea said:
The band is just part of the culture of watching cricket in PE. It's part of the reason why the atmosphere was so brilliant. If the New Zealanders don't like it, it's just another problem they'll have to face when they place here. Which would they rather have: a band who might annoy them or a crowd that throws things at them? The only thing I saw land on the field during Sunday's match was a blown-up condom :p

Oh, and a streaker painted green, but they managed to catch him 8-)
That was so funny, he got such a reception!!

But ja the band are part of the culture here, the reception they got from the crowd when they arrived was massive.. Anyway what are the kiwis going to do next? tell everyone at Eden Gardens to talk quietly? They should learn how to play cricket before graduating onto Aussie type whingeing...

There you go, two birds, one stone :D

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
*cough* There's a match going on apparently, albeit a dead rubber. ABdeV and Smith out early, 52/2 in the 14th.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
They're not showing it live in Australia on Fox Sports, instead a full replay tomorrow. That's the second time they've done it for this tour, they did it with the first match too. Anyone know why?

Nevermind it seems that its actually live on Fox Sports, I have no idea how I missed that. :mellow:

Last edited:

Langeveldt

Soutie
Basically the weather has been tragic all the way from PE through East London all week, very bad weather..

To sum it up? One of my friends from England has just given up flying and gone back to England, because of the weather...

In short. there won't be another ball bowled today, and I want to go to Pietersburg where it is 39C today

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Langeveldt said:
Basically the weather has been tragic all the way from PE through East London all week, very bad weather..

To sum it up? One of my friends from England has just given up flying and gone back to England, because of the weather...

In short. there won't be another ball bowled today, and I want to go to Pietersburg where it is 39C today
Damn.....NZ needed to win the last 2 games just for some pride :@

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
It's been a poor effort by NZ in South Africa. It's come back to the old story, doing enough to win, but not finishing the job. These guys have been in this situation a number of times now, you'd think they would have been able to solve the problem.

The bowling has been ok, but the batsmen have been leaving them with at least 20 or 30 runs less than what was required. It's easy to identify Astle & Marshall as the weakest points..but McMillan, Fleming, Vincent etc all threw away their wickets when they were well and truly set.

The pressure is going to be on them to beat Australia next month, that's for sure.