• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** New Zealand in South Africa

jot1

State Vice-Captain
Scott Styris was, IMO, the most impressive of the NZ bowling and batting. World class cricketer.:)

open365

International Vice-Captain
^or maybe he happens to be human and can't perform at his best every day?

Kemp can hit a ball a long way but he still bowls like a girl,i wish the commentators would stop telling Smith to bowl him.

Bring back James Marshall i say.

Blaze

Banned
greg said:
Or maybe he's just not playing against Zimbabwe.

Turn it up buddy, he always has games where he goes for a few.. thats what happens when you are a strike bowler.

I am not overly bothered with the result, it isn't even cricket season atm but still a pretty dire tour for us. Problem is we aren't seeing any change in the way we do things game after game.

parisa

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
I honestly thought that NZ would take the series 3-2...so I'm a little disappointed. Both the teams were more or less evenly matched and it all boiled down to individual performances and SA players came forward and delievered.

But I'm really upset with Bond's performance...I know that he's going have good days and bad days but so much depended on him but he never found his rhythm and it so painful to watch today!That six by de Villiers and the other six by Kemp before it was all over... :cry:

parisa

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
greg said:
Er, that's a slur on Kabir

And at least Kabir takes the time to get a haircut

lol...there's nothing wrong with Shane Bond's hair...I think he looks absolutely hot with that hairstyle :wub:

Woody_cloudofsm

School Boy/Girl Captain
F---k Greame Smith

There is one thing i have got to say to you south africans. Why is Nicky Boje so rorted as a batsman? Hes such an exciting number 3 and Hansie Cronje discovered him against Newzealand and i thought for real we had an explosive one-day batsman. He has every shot in the book to bat at number 3 in ond day cricket. yet the South Africans insist on playing all these other tools like puttick. Why isnt gibbs opening and boje should be at 3 hands down. Since Hansie Cronje, Pollock and Smith dont fance Nicky as a Batsman and i find that ridciculous that player of such potential has been able to wither on the vine as number 9. Ridiculous. Making him the supersub and letting Charl Langaveldt play is even more ridiculous. Smith bowls himself what c--k s---r ive never seen a bigger di---he---d in my life. Bias selections towards SA for the world XI no wonder he had no respect from inzy. imagine having played on the international seen for 15 only to have to look up and respect and arroganst selfish immature 23 year old like
Greame Smith. Ofcourse their not.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
If you don't want to find yourself banned, I suggest you pull your head in particularly sharpish.

First (and final) warning.

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
Well the sad thing for NZ is that, they could have and perhaps should have been at least 2-1 down in this series..or even 3-0 up themselves.

The underlying problem has been Astle, Vincent & Marshall..thats where it has been going wrong.

Vincent for all his worth in the 2nd ODI, should have stayed in & the other times he's been at is brilliant worst. Astle & Marshall are just totally out of form.
If We had scored more runs in the 1st & 3rd ODI's we would have gone much closer to winning and in the 2nd ODI we would have definately won if our batting had pieced together 15 more runs.

Anyone in favour of opening with McCullum and bringing Fulton in?

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Tim said:
Well the sad thing for NZ is that, they could have and perhaps should have been at least 2-1 down in this series..or even 3-0 up themselves.

The underlying problem has been Astle, Vincent & Marshall..thats where it has been going wrong.

Vincent for all his worth in the 2nd ODI, should have stayed in & the other times he's been at is brilliant worst. Astle & Marshall are just totally out of form.
If We had scored more runs in the 1st & 3rd ODI's we would have gone much closer to winning and in the 2nd ODI we would have definately won if our batting had pieced together 15 more runs.

Anyone in favour of opening with McCullum and bringing Fulton in?
That idea has some merit, McCullum was awful opening early in his career but he has come along so much since then and I think he'd be up to it.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
That six Kemp hit off Bond was, in terms of pure visual, the biggest six I have ever seen. I wouldn't have a clue in terms of distance travelled (since I know Symonds hit the roof of the WACA against India back in 2004) but when they showed the camera angle of Oram's view, who was on the boundary, and it looked like he was looking at a place rather than the ball, it was amazing. What a shot!

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Gutted to say the least.............I don't its unfair on S.Africa to suggest these two teams are pretty even. SA just happened to play the better cricket at the right times and probably had lady luck on their side more often than not in the series, particularly the Fleming dismissal today along with some dubious decisions in game 2.

I find it incredibly ironic that Bond and Vettori were the worst bowlers today when you nearly always bank on them doing well and worry more about the other bowlers.

NZ will be kicking themselves for not being 2-1 up at this point let alone 2-1 down....so at 3-0 they will be livid.
SA are a very good side at turning the screw when they have the momentum so unfortunately for NZ I can't see Africa dropping their guard in the final 2 matches.

Full marks to S.A though for responding to the pressure better then NZ when it mattered and to Kemp for one of the most legendary hits I've ever seen !!!
Their is no doubt the have regained the mental advantage NZ had over them in New Zealand early last year

Langeveldt

Soutie
Absolutely perfect.. Well done Justin, always knew you could pull that one off.. Best game of cricket I've seen live, with amazing atmosphere too.. It felt like 15,000 people at a party with a game going on in the background..

Can't believe the band turned up and sat behind me, absolutely awesome guys..

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
That was an absolutely awesome crowd. The singing, the band, it was just so great to watch, can't imagine how awesome it would have been to be there, and can't imagine how fun it must have been to be there and be a South African fan.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
I had the privilege of watching the last 9 overs of this match. Go Kemp. I can't wait to catch one of his sixes here at Chennai when they come over here. This is a small ground with a flat pitch. So Kempy should be hitting a few. Man, when was the last time Bond was smacked around so much.

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
honestbharani said:
I had the privilege of watching the last 9 overs of this match. Go Kemp. I can't wait to catch one of his sixes here at Chennai when they come over here. This is a small ground with a flat pitch. So Kempy should be hitting a few. Man, when was the last time Bond was smacked around so much.
Strangely enough....