• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** New Zealand in South Africa

Protea

School Boy/Girl Captain
Brilliant catch by de Villiers though. If he works a bit more on his bowling, he'd be the complete cricketer ;)

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
This isn't good...McCullum's going to have to easily beat his highest score if we're going to avoid losing 4-0.

Hall has bowled brilliantly.

_Ed_

Oh dear.

Can only hope for some massive sixes from Bond, he's done it before a couple of times.

Protea

School Boy/Girl Captain
_Ed_ said:
This isn't good...McCullum's going to have to easily beat his highest score if we're going to avoid losing 4-0.

Hall has bowled brilliantly.
McCullum gone to Hall 8-)

_Ed_

215....it's vaguely defendable, but honestly, from 57-1 and 134-3 we should have got at least 70 more.

_Ed_

The clouds and lightning are almost as impressive as Smith's batting...but not quite.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Smith is quite underrated in ODIs. He can be extremely destructive at the top of the order. He's on fire today.

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Could be some more storms if this game is rained off 1 over short of the required D/L 20 overs...

Personally I think they should remove the 20 over limit and make it 5 overs with the additional requirement of having to be a minimum of say 20 runs ahead on the D/L for a result.

Isolator

State 12th Man
zinzan12 said:
The New Zealand Selectors would do Hamish Marshall a huge favour if they dropped him .....the guy is so far out of form and confidence at the moment its not funny.
Yeah... perhaps Marshall needs to be dropped now (from the ODIs, not tests). The next series is against Australia, though, right? I dunno if the selectors will want to try out someone completely new against them....

BTW, what news of Chris Harris? Will he ever be back? I miss him.

Zinzan

Embarassing performance by NZ ....definately the worst cricket they have played for 4-5 years.....So much for dropping Cairns

Sir Redman

State Vice-Captain
On the subject of Marshall...I think he's batting in the wrong position anyway. To me he should be down at 5 or 6, since then he would be coming in with the field back and so would find it much easier to get started. At the moment he's coming in inside the first 10 overs or so far too often and is probably feeling the pressure to score quickly.

This whole tour has been disgraceful by our guys anyway...I can't believe we lost those first 2 games, and we definately could have won the third. While I don't subscribe to the "if Cairns was there we would have won for sure" theory I do think that our team looks better with a 6-7-8 of Cairns-Oram-McCullum, and his bowling would have been valuable as well.