• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** New Zealand in South Africa

Sir Redman

State Vice-Captain
The SA commentators really are driving me crazy. They never miss a chance to moan about how poor SA were robbed by the umpires giving Astle a reprieve. How do they know that Oram wouldn't have come out and smashed a century again? They must have mentioned that about 50 times during the time I was listening, yet there's been barely the slightest mention of how Makhaya "wide of the crease" Ntini picked up two lbw's.

I think Ian Bishop is by far their best - he reads the game reasonably well and IMO has been nowhere near as biased as the rest.

Neil Manthorp is probably second best, though you can tell that he seems to have some issues with NZ players and ground.

Neil Johnson is a raving nitwit and is as biased as hell. He's almost like the South African Jeremy Coney in the way that he never stops blabbing, however he lacks Coney's redeeming features.

Kass Naidoo is simply awful. She seems to have no idea about what's going on and is unbelievably one-eyed.

I haven't heard as much of Craig Marais (sp?) and Gareth Frisk but they seem like slightly toned down versions of Neil Johnson.

The fact that I've been hanging out for Mark Richardson's stints is a testament to just how bad they are.

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
Can I just ask what people actually dislike about Richardson's commentary? Personally, I don't find it too offensive - and at least he's easier to listen to than Larsen.

Blakey

State Vice-Captain
I don't mind Richardson's commentary at all. Ian Smith would have been miles better however....

The SA commentators are truely aweful. Not sure of the woman's name however even my gf thinks she is rubbish. She thinks she speaks like a flight attendant or someone introducing miss world competitors as they come on stage. It's like she is reading from a script.

Has anyone checked if Ntini has outside the return crease when he is bowling.... Seems Dorri does this quite often also when bowling over the wicket. They very rarely check it though.

Another gripe.... The SA coverage is shocking. Me Dad (who happened to bowl Turner back in they day - that was for SirJeremy) and I were left wondering if they camera operator had been attacked by a swarm of bees last night. The camera movement went mental. Nice work SA nice work.

Dick Rockett

International Vice-Captain
Sir Redman said:
Hey - I was there too.

Took bloody ages to get out of the place. What is is with Auckland and crappy event centres?
The gig in Wellington was great - venue right in the centre of town, car park directly underneath, restaurant and bar right next door...

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Blakey said:
Another gripe.... The SA coverage is shocking. Me Dad (who happened to bowl Turner back in they day - that was for SirJeremy) and I were left wondering if they camera operator had been attacked by a swarm of bees last night. The camera movement went mental. Nice work SA nice work.
It is pretty poor, there were quite a few times where we had to watch an empty patch of grass while the ball ran away for four.

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
I dont understand why NZ TV chose to go with the SABC feed with their commentary team. The SuperSport team is far and away superior (though not without some problems) and should have been used for International TV audiences.

If you can avoid it, noone in SA watches SABCs coverage. Its woeful. I feel all your pain, but am lucky enough to watch the game on SuperSport

Sir Redman

State Vice-Captain
Goughy said:
I dont understand why NZ TV chose to go with the SABC feed with their commentary team. The SuperSport team is far and away superior (though not without some problems) and should have been used for International TV audiences.
Presumably the SABC coverage costs less so Sky NZ pick that one.

Sir Redman

State Vice-Captain
Well, hopefully Fleming, Vettori, Franklin and Patel can put together another 100 runs between them and we end up with 350 minimum. Its about time Franklin scored some runs, everyone always goes on about his ability yet he still hasn't really delivered at test level.

Natman20

International Debutant
Chris Martin to face 300 balls and score 1* as Fleming scores a mammoth triple century and blasting Ntini for 6 sixes in a row.

Ps: I've got brain surgery scheduled for Monday

Sw1fty

School Boy/Girl Captain
Fleming would have to score a double century if NZ are to reach 400. I agree that it's time Franklin stepped up with the bat at test level.

Last edited:

thedarkmullet

School Boy/Girl Captain
Sw1fty said:
Fleming would have to get score a double century if NZ are to reach 400. I agree that it's time Franklin stepped up with the bat at test level.
Not necessarily, if Franklin plays a solid 30-40 and Mills gets a quick 20 near the end Flem would only need to make another 50 or so.......8-) not that I'd complain if Flems got his double tho.