• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** New Zealand in South Africa

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Just saw Fat Gray's dismissal in the highlights on Sky during the break. Straight out of the "how to dismiss Graeme Smith 101" handbook. He moves his foot too far across during his trigger movement & then has to play across the line when the ball comes back into him.

The position he ended up in was almost comical!

I'm sure he's kind to children & fluffy woodland creatures tho.... :p

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Styris the partnership breaker. That was an unnecessary shot from Kallis though.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
That is massive! I was sure Kallis would ton up and set NZ a tough task.

NZ in the driver's seat now. They need to strike right after tea.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Loony BoB said:
I agree he's not up to Kumble's class, but Kumble doesn't play half his matches in New Zealand. It's also notable that Kumble only averages under 30 when playing in Bangladesh, India and Zimbabwe, but we never hear you complaining about him doing well against the lower nations.
Probably something to do with the fact that Kumble has 510 wickets @ 28.76?

Loony BoB said:
He's not the greatest in the world, no, and I don't claim him to be. But man, cut him some slack. His last four years may not be amazing but they're not horrible figuers either. Oh, and yes, he is better than Ashley Giles.
He's a bowler - averaging over 40 is horrible.

alternative

Cricket Web Content Updater
grrrr :@ AB de Villiers just misses out his century..
i thought he couldn't control himself from playin a shot or two.. He seemed to be in 5th gear since the arrival of Boje..

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
Craig said:
And Prince is the guy I've been most impressed with when I first saw him I wrote him off as rubbish and had was of the belief he was in the team for reasons other then his cricketing ability. Thanbkfully he has proven me wrong.
You really think Prince is one of the 6th best batsmen in SA? He is not even close. He is no longer a young man and he has been given more opportunities than many to develop at the lower level.

Will never be more than an average test cricketer. Will finish his career with a batting average of under 35.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
BoyBrumby said:
Just saw Fat Gray's dismissal in the highlights on Sky during the break. Straight out of the "how to dismiss Graeme Smith 101" handbook. He moves his foot too far across during his trigger movement & then has to play across the line when the ball comes back into him.

The position he ended up in was almost comical!

I'm sure he's kind to children & fluffy woodland creatures tho.... :p
What stunned me was that Chris Martin swung it in. I didn't see him do that at all in England 2004.

Loony BoB

International Captain
marc71178 said:

But he doesn't average over 40. He averages in the mid-30's.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Goughy said:
You really think Prince is one of the 6th best batsmen in SA? He is not even close. He is no longer a young man and he has been given more opportunities than many to develop at the lower level.

Will never be more than an average test cricketer. Will finish his career with a batting average of under 35.
Sounds like he's in good company now that Dippenaar is back in the side.

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
marc71178 said:

Ooh if only Giles had been fit for India, you wouldn't have been saying that then.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Natman20 said:
I'm still confident New Zealand will win. The next day will be interesting.
Nice understatement there. Tomorrow should be brilliant, although, if NZ's top 5 collapse like they did in the 1st knock, you can't really see Oram & Vettori saving them again.