• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official New Zealand in India Nov-Dec 2021 Thread***

nzfan

International Vice-Captain
We've taken 15 wickets in this Test, 12 to seam. I think we all agree that our seamers are our most effective wicket taking options, why that can't happen at both ends is beyond me.
By chance a partnership develops and we need fast bowlers then what?

nzfan

I'd rather see Rachin bowl to Iyer, Ashwin is dead batting. I know Rachin had bowled really well but we need a wicket I think.

Happy to see Kyle bowling.

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
By chance a partnership develops and we need fast bowlers then what?
OK, that's a fair argument. Never saw it from that perspective.

Could still go short bursts - 3/4 from each, Southee potentialy bowls 5/6 then swap Jamieson around. I dunno, it just feels like there's a big angry 6'8 dude who's the hottest Test bowler on the planet, blowing steam out his nose standing in the field while the ball gets softer and Ashwin & Iyer get more comfortable.

vandem

International 12th Man
Easy for us to say NZ should be going for the jugular when it’s not a pitch where you run through a side (till now anyway). But still perplexed at some of Kane’s field settings and bowling changes.
Defensive bowling from one end is a tactic that Kane has used successfully before. E.g. vs Eng at Auckland in day/night game, after an early wicket burst from the quicks he used lots of de Grandhomme instead of Astle, less chance of a wicket but slowed scoring to < 2 rpo, meant that when Boult and Southee returned the total wouldn't have increased by too much.

So perhaps here he is thinking 4-5 overs each from the quicks from the same end, and needs 8-10 overs at the other end for as few runs as possible. Ajaz leaking too many boundaries, so Ravindra bowls. Then if India get to be 7 down he switched to both quicks until they are exhausted.

nzfan

Awesome... I take back my words. Thankfully Rachin kept it tight at one end and best decision to not have bowled pace at both ends to keep them fresh still. Management knows better. Was just perplexed why not Ajaz but I guess he wasn't his usual accurate

Moss

We KO a spinner and bring on Wagner
The funny thing is, Mumbai might actually be the surface where Ajaz and Somerville would really be needed (if they were to bowl well enough). But yeah, we may well end up filing this one under the “what if Wagz had played” set.